X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone grow last chance peach?

We read lastchance peach got planted in CA with varied results.a real late peach with decent fruit might do well here as climate would permit ripening in later/drier time frame when other crops are already over.I think we could sell them at our stand if fruit is decent.nobody wants our earlier varieties much as market is flooded with them.
    Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST ZAFFIRO, THERMOLITO

Yes, I grow it. It has good quality and flavor. It hasn't made as many peaches as some of my others so far but it is nice to have late peaches.
    Zea
    Watsonville, CA. zone 9

Comment

• venturabananas
      venturabananas commented
      Editing a comment
      Zeamaizing do you know the chill hour requirement of Last Chance? I couldn't find it in a quick search of the internet. Late ripening peaches seem to have better quality for me (they develop more sugars), in my coastal fog zone, but they have to be low chill varieties to deal with our warm winters.

• Zeamaizing
      Zeamaizing commented
      Editing a comment
      I do collect that information when I find it on my varieties. For Last Chance I have it as fairly low chill. It has produced a crop for us in all but the very lowest chill years. I haven't found anything more specific than that.

• venturabananas
      venturabananas commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response. Maybe I should try it.

This looked cool

https://xtremehorticulture.blogspot....or-desert.html
    Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree.

Comment

Working...
    X