X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently testing the Miracle-Gro Liquafeed Universal feeder to supply irrigation, acidified water and fertilization to my small blueberry patch.
    https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/bluebe...iversal-feeder

My water with a pH of ~ 6.7 requires 1/4 tsp / gallon or ~ 3 Tbs (1.5 oz) / 40 gallons of 33% Sulfuric Acid to reduce the pH to ~ 5.0, the 3 Tbsp is added to 27 Tbsp or 14.5 oz of water in the Liquafeed bottle. The "concentrated acid solution" that is required in the 16 oz Liquafeed bottle is ~ 3.1% Sulfuric Acid resulting in 40 gallons of a 0.00954% Sulfuric Acid water solution applied to the soil.

(1/4 x 40) / 3 = 3.33 Tbsp.
    33% / (32 / 3) = 3.1 %
    3.1% / 325 = 0.009538 %

The feed regulator's plastic parts and exposed O-ring seems to have no problems with this concentration of acid, further testing is required and on-going. Liquid Fertilizer concentrates are also being tested to ensure that the powdered ingredients remain properly suspended, several water soluble powdered fertilizers have been pre-mixed into a liquid concentrate of approximately 1-1/4 cups of fertilizer powder and sufficient water to make 16 oz of liquid fertilizer concentrate.

Almost any water soluble fertilizer concentrate or supplement (powdered or liquid) can be used in the Universal feeder as long as the "Liquifeed Concentrate" is equal to ~ 0.39 oz per gallon (16 oz / 40 gallons the 1:325 fixed mix ratio).
    Last edited by AscPete; 10-11-2016, 02:27 PM. Reason: corrected typos and added comment...
    Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Working...
    X