X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Southern Highbush suitable for hot and humid climates like mine?

I usually get about 500 chill hours and I read so much about the SHB being low chill which worries me that they will set blooms to early and be frozen. Are there SHB's that need more chill in the area of 500 hours?
    Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Darkman,

You are in the perfect spot for them. They won't wake up quite as early at your place as they do here but all you have to do is put overhead impact sprinklers over the bed and you can protect them to 17 degrees with little to no damage at all.......easy as pie.

Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

That is good to know. I guess I'll have to breakdown and try some. You knowing where I live and having a very similar climate to Frank in Tallahassee which ones would you highly recommend?

Comment

Sweetcrisp for sure, emerald, Jewel there are so many.
        Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

Is JF&E the best place for them or where does on acquire them I quite sure they are not in the nurseries around here. I would prefer the economical size that I can grow out myself.

Comment

Working...
          X