X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Indigocrisps are FINALLY starting to grow.

They are just 2" tall but darn if they didn't bloom which I removed. They may be tiny but I am so thankful to have them. The bigger ones are Kestrels.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Looking good Wills. Good luck with them!
    Otmani - Dallas, TX - Zone 8a
    Wish List: Col de Dame Blanche, Brogiotto Bianco, Sicilian White, Panache

Comment

Hes the only one with this variety and well deserved at that! Good luck Wills! I hope they thrive for you! Do you already have a bed prepared for them?

Comment

Very good Wills! I don't have Indigocrisps of course, but my tiny liners are doing very well. I'm pushing them hard with extra light and warmth (they are inside under both sun and lights) in order to maybe bear a few fruits next year.
        SoCal, zone 10.
        www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

Gina,

Yep your liners stayed awake, mine did not. I had hoped the hoophouse would keep them up and growing but that was not the case but winter here is short so just lost a couple nights. I am more worried about losing the crop on the adult bushes as they are forecasting a low of 24 for tonight........I will have the overheads going full out on all 3 BB beds and just pray I have no power failure.

Rob,

I'm sure other private growers have Indigo crisp but probably just a handful. Heck there are only a handful of nurseries licensed to propagate this brand new variety and the plants they have are as small as mine. Normally it takes at least 2 years post release before I can get them, on this one I just got lucky.
          Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

Wills:

Looking good on both varieties. My Ravens are starting to grow and will even have a few berries!! I'm not pulling them off as the plants look full of vigor. Thanks for making those available!!
            Alpine, Texas 4500ft elevation Zone 7
            http://growingfruit.org/

Comment

Fruitnut.. I'm so pleased you have joined. I've read so many of your posts about blueberries at GW. I used to post there years ago under a different name but got tired of people telling me using sulfuric acid was dangerous and growing BBs fast wouldn't work, lol. Gardenweb was where I was able to track down through a group order and buy my first batch of 'new' Southern highbush plants. More than misty, sharpblue, etc.
              SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

Steve,

Welcome

Comment

Yep your liners stayed awake, mine did not. I had hoped the hoophouse would keep them up and growing but that was not the case but winter here is short so just lost a couple nights. I am more worried about losing the crop on the adult bushes as they are forecasting a low of 24 for tonight........I will have the overheads going full out on all 3 BB beds and just pray I have no power failure.
                  Yes, I was able to pop mine into a warm, bright situation before they lost any leaves, and after a short time, they took right off. The other older plants were already further along, and they did go into dormancy and are living outside. They are now growing again nicely.

I'm sorry about your cold weather. Hope your plants don't suffer. In December, we had almost a frost and dry weather, and many of my outdoor BB plants were blooming at the time. They did suffer a bit in terms of dropped leaves and some reduction in bloom. But they are up and running again with many nice flowers.
                  SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

I can protect them down to 18 degrees if it is calm. My biggest worry is a power failure, not that it happens often but one never knows. With the ice on them if you get a power failure it makes it MUCH worse than if you had not protected them at all. Normally the lake I am on gives me some protection as the lake is on the north side of the property but these cold nights drive the lake temp lower and lower and the protection level drops with the water temp.

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome. This is the second new forum started this month. The change at GW now Houzz sparked Scott to fire up a new forum that will focus on deciduous tree fruits and nuts. It's not yet as pretty as this site but has a nucleus of accomplished members. You are all welcome aboard.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I never much liked the GW format.
                        Have you thought of putting it in your sigline? The more good gardening sites, the better.
                        SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

Gina:

I tried but couldn't hit the right formula to setup my sigline. Any tips?

Comment

Gina:

As you can see figured it out. I'll link this site on growingfruit.org.

Comment

Very good. I just signed up over there, but haven't had the time to look around too much. Looks good however.
                              SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X