X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit short on leaves...

Hello all. I had a quick question about blueberry plants and leaves (rabbiteyes). My plants are just finishing setting fruit, but I noticed that this year, 3 of my 4 potted plants are a wee bit low on leaves. They're absolutely loaded with fruit, and seem otherwise healthy. I know they're fertilized well, and they spent the winter outside, so chill hours shouldn't be a factor. Should I be concerned at all? I feel like they have 5-10 blueberries for every leaf!

I'm in zone 7b/8a, Georgia, if it helps.
    Thanks
    Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

That's what Rabbiteyes do. They will leaf out of you keep fertilizing them. They are a different animal than SHB. Are you noticing blochy leafs, powdery mildew?

Comment

In another thread, Fruitnut commented on something similar that might be helpful.
      http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/blueber...4839#post14839

I also have a few of my potted bb plants being timid about putting out new leaves. Most are doing very well and all get the same treatment, but a few with slightly higher chill hours are a bit slow this year. We had a very warm winter, and my peach, apricot and plum trees are also being somewhat shy about leafing out.
      SoCal, zone 10.
      www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

We certainly didn't have a warm winter here in GA...cold actually, and I left them outside. I'll give them a shot of nitrogen sometime next week. See if that helps a bit. Worst comes to worst I'll do a little pruning of the crop. Thanks for the input.
        Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Working...
        X