X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emeralds 1ST Of The Year

Finally starting to pick in Zone 9-A
    Attached Files

Congratulations. Emerald is one of my favorites. Productive, pleasant subtle taste, large berries, pretty plant.
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

Yup, congrats! Its just starting over here too. Getting a spatter of SH right now and Emerald is probably a week away from starting. Very low fruit set on Emerald for me this season, at least by Emerald standards. Im kinda at a crossroad with this variety. Its just not producing for me as expected due to blossom blight. Same story for the last 3 seasons with emerald. I don't know man!?!

Comment

They have really come on strong for me with all this rain. Maybe try increasing the amount of water when buds start to form?
        PharmaChad

Comment

Plants look really healthy. Do you have them in a raised bed covered by bird netting? Take a pic of your setup.

For me, Emerald is a really strong grower, resists disease very well, is a heavy producer of big berries, but the berries just don't have a lot of flavor. If it weren't for the production, I would consider putting it on the chopping block, but it is hard to say no to that yield.

Comment

That plant is in a raised bed. My soil Ph is 6 so the raised bed is an experiment, but I have room for 45 plants in it. I have a lot in containers from 1 gallon up to 30 and my total plant count is around 200. Most are immature though.

Comment

Nice looking plant Chad........pick my first few today
              Brian
              Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Comment

Mine are just about done, maybe another couple pounds out there and then done for the season. Always happy to see the season start and ALWAYS happy when it ends.
                Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

Working...
                X