X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottoms Nursery

Took a 2 hour drive to Bottoms Nursery today to pick up some rabbiteyes. It appears to be a commercial growing nursery that does online sales and you can stop by and make any size purchase. Acres of potted blueberries from gallon size to 7 and 8 year instant orchard type plants. I saw greenhouses full of figs and blueberries. Plus more acres devoted to pick your own. The place was awesome. Got a personal tour of part of the blueberry growing operation. Pretty cool. Very good people. I bought 4 Ochlockonees, 4 Titans and 2 Baldwins, paying less than their internet price. They were nice sized, full and healthy looking bushes. They had many more rabbiteye varieties available. They also carry a selection of southern highbush. All in all, it made for a very nice day.
    PPP
    Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Sounds like a fun day. Wish there was something like that anywhere near here.

Their blueberry list: http://bottomsnursery.com/category/69-blueberries.aspx
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

Yes, it was a fun day. Enjoyed the smaller old, out of the way southern towns and old homes that I drove through. Noticing the figs putting out in many of the yards. Saw one loaded with golf ball sized breba.

Their blueberry list: http://bottomsnursery.com/category/69-blueberries.aspx is what called me to Bottoms nursery. They carried and had in stock Ochlockonee and Titan rabbiteyes. Ochlockonee is highly productive and very hard to find. Titan is very large and hard to find, especially at a decent price.

Southern Highbush seem to be the main attraction on this forum, but I will stick to the rabbiteyes. I see to many publications stating that they are better suited for south Georgia and warmer climates. I live in the piedmont and rabbiteyes perform very well here.
      PPP
      Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Working...
      X