X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bonus!

My significant other and I are looking to move into a new house. One of the two finalists we're considering comes with 4 blueberry plants! Not sure what variety, but I assume they are rabbiteye, as we checked out the place yesterday and they're about the same stage of development as my own plants. They're a bit too shaded, but they still produce a little...and I can always use more cross pollinators! Now I just have to convince the girlfriend...

As an added bonus, there is also an apple and a pear on the property, and the landlords encourage edible landscaping (it was their own home until a few years ago). Not sure what the apple is cross pollinating with, but apparently it does produce.
    Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Good luck with the new home. Hope you get what you want.

When my parents were looking for a house years ago, Dad was looking for a place with mature fruit trees, and Mom wanted nice garden space. The house? Apparently secondary.
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina View Post
      Good luck with the new home. Hope you get what you want.

When my parents were looking for a house years ago, Dad was looking for a place with mature fruit trees, and Mom wanted nice garden space. The house? Apparently secondary.
      We're still in the renting stage of our lives (not so conducive to growing tons of fruit trees/bushes), but we had it narrowed down to two places. Girlfriend wanted a fancier place, but I think I conned her in to taking this one. I'm thrilled with it... Cheaper, lower utilities, more storage space, and comes with blueberry plants and a couple fruit trees. Plus we're not renting from a company (we would have been with the other house). I'm ecstatic. Finding a place in town that was a) not shaded and b) owned by someone who would let us dig up the yard for a garden was amazingly difficult...especially because most places are August to August leases (its a college town). Brutal finding a place to live this time of year.
      Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Working...
      X