X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier or Brightwell?

Which would you choose as your only bb plant?
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Well, I couldnt wait for a reply so I got a Brightwell and a Climax. How is that?
    newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Last year, I bought and planted 6 Powderblue and 5 Brightwell in 3 gallon containers. After the nice harvest, all the Brightwells got what must be stem blight. All the stems and shoots flagged. 2 are completely dead this year and the other 3 have a few live shoots. I am treating them with immunox. The Powderblues are planted alternating with the Brightwells in the same row.

Here is a good link for info on rabbiteyes and some Southern Highbush. Put together by UGA:
      http://www.smallfruits.org/Blueberri...oc_Nov0206.pdf

If you are looking to get more, then you should drive to Concord and visit Bottoms Nursery. Not that far of a drive for you. $6.99 per plant at the door, as few or as many as you want. Large plants too.
      PPP
      Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

• pppldj
        pppldj commented
        Editing a comment
        P.S. The Brightwells that I mention did not come from Bottoms.

• Charitup
        Charitup commented
        Editing a comment
        Just wondering if it would be possible to get the link above from UGA placed as a sticky. I have never seen better info for blueberries anywhere.

Originally posted by newnandawg View Post
      Well, I couldnt wait for a reply so I got a Brightwell and a Climax. How is that?
      I've never grown either of those, but in general it's better to grow more than one variety for cross pollination.
      SoCal, zone 10.
      www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

pppldj, thanks for all the info and link. It is very informative for our area.

You are correct, I am about 45 miles from Concord and may take that drive to Bottoms.
        newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Working...
        X