X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charitup
    commented on 's reply
    Just wondering if it would be possible to get the link above from UGA placed as a sticky. I have never seen better info for blueberries anywhere.

• newnandawg
    replied
    pppldj, thanks for all the info and link. It is very informative for our area.

You are correct, I am about 45 miles from Concord and may take that drive to Bottoms.

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    replied
    Originally posted by newnandawg View Post
    Well, I couldnt wait for a reply so I got a Brightwell and a Climax. How is that?
    I've never grown either of those, but in general it's better to grow more than one variety for cross pollination.

Leave a comment:

• pppldj
    commented on 's reply
    P.S. The Brightwells that I mention did not come from Bottoms.

• pppldj
    replied
    Last year, I bought and planted 6 Powderblue and 5 Brightwell in 3 gallon containers. After the nice harvest, all the Brightwells got what must be stem blight. All the stems and shoots flagged. 2 are completely dead this year and the other 3 have a few live shoots. I am treating them with immunox. The Powderblues are planted alternating with the Brightwells in the same row.

Here is a good link for info on rabbiteyes and some Southern Highbush. Put together by UGA:
    http://www.smallfruits.org/Blueberri...oc_Nov0206.pdf

If you are looking to get more, then you should drive to Concord and visit Bottoms Nursery. Not that far of a drive for you. $6.99 per plant at the door, as few or as many as you want. Large plants too.

Leave a comment:

• newnandawg
    replied
    Well, I couldnt wait for a reply so I got a Brightwell and a Climax. How is that?

Leave a comment:

• newnandawg
    started a topic Premier or Brightwell?

Premier or Brightwell?

Which would you choose as your only bb plant?
Working...
X