X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf-footed bug on blueberries

My blueberries are ripening and I am seeing quite a few leaf-footed bugs on them. I squash as many as I can, but they seem to be increasing. I haven't had to use any insecticides on my blueberries, but I may have to. Anyone one else have this problem?
    Jennings, Southwest Louisiana, Zone 9a

Originally posted by Wisner View Post
    My blueberries are ripening and I am seeing quite a few leaf-footed bugs on them. I squash as many as I can, but they seem to be increasing. I haven't had to use any insecticides on my blueberries, but I may have to. Anyone one else have this problem?
    No. In fact, I rarely see any insects at all on my bbs. Though the other day I did see a few aphids on two young branch tips. Rinsed them off and they seem to be gone now.
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

• Inkfin
      Inkfin commented
      Editing a comment
      Gina, which of your bb variety was attacked by aphids? I have different varieties but only my sweetcrisps are constantly attacked by aphids....I know aphids are species specific but this is cultivar specific issue.

Wisner,

Yep they are a pain.......they (for those that don't know) pierce the fruit and feed on them. You get stink bugs as well but they like to hide inside the clusters of berries. Won't spray pesticide on them and just crush them as I find them but it is a chore.
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

I am getting some big brown stink bugs right now and like Wills I mostly kill with hands. If they get any worse, I will spot spray with an organic such as Spinosad. They do not seem to do any damage to the berries although.

Comment

Working...
      X