X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed emotions

Blueberry picking is finally starting in my little patch, but today was full of mixed emotions.

A garter snake caught itself caught in the net overnight and died, much to my dismay. I like snakes! Especially since it seems there's a mouse currently in my kitchen somewhere. I carefully cut the net off in hopes it was still alive, but no such luck.

But then I picked a small basket of berries and my daughter promptly ate them all. She enjoys them more than I do, if that's possible, so it's well worth the effort of growing them to her enjoyment!
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

I had to cut a 5' king snake out of our garden netting yesterday. Luckily, I'm pretty sure he will survive to eat more coppheads and moccasins but it was a lot of worry while trying to cut away all the plastic filaments. It was a relief to see him slither off into the hay field.
    Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      You did a good thing DB . Seing it " fly "away must have been nothing short of awesome. Well done.
Working...
X