X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indigocrisps at JF&E

It looks like you can now place orders for Indigocrisp blueberry plants at Just Fruits and Exotics. The email I got said they will start shipping in October. I ordered the 1 gallon size which is all I currently see.

I am running out of room in my backyard...
    Helpful growing guides, expert friendly advice. Buy the best blueberries varieties for the south. Indigocrisp is very sweet and very large.
    Houston, TX Zone 9a

Wow, if that is true (and I did just see it on their website) selling them to the public violates the basic licensing agreement w UF. I noticed they are also selling Meadowlark (bird series) which also is a no-no. Unless something has changed recently.

Wills knows more about this of course.

But they don't ship to Calif anyway....
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

I would order fast. Not only will they sell out quickly it is still not legal to sell them retail afaik. When the university finds out they are going to have a Gator.
      Cutting sales at willsfigs.com will continue till about March 1.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the heads up! Just ordered 3 of them. Hope they aren't forced to cancel the orders. You would think that JF&E would have there ducks in a row to be able to sell these plants. I got my fingers crossed!

Comment

FYI, Locholoosa Lake Farm at Hawthorne, FL is also selling Indigocrisp and other bird series Flicker, Kestrel, Chikadee, and Meadowlark (http://www.lochloosalakefarm.com/plant-varieties.html) in liners (price range from $1.50-$2.15 per liner that is including patent fee, but shipping is extra) for individuals buying large quantity (didn't tell me the minimum number of plants they are willing to sell but asked me how many do I want). I have room for maximum of 10 Indigos. They would laugh at me if I ask them to sell me 10 plants . Cornelius Farms at Manor, GA is also selling Indigocrisp in Spring 2016 for individuals. They already have Kestrel to sell for individual now (http://www.corneliusfarms.com/#!price-list/c9g4). I don't know how long the licensing agreement is going to last
          Inkfin
          Last edited by Inkfin; 09-23-2015, 10:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
          Zone 8B, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Inkfin View Post
            FYI, Locholoosa Lake Farm at Hawthorne, FL is also selling Indigocrisp and other bird series Flicker, Kestrel, Chikadee, and Meadowlark (http://www.lochloosalakefarm.com/plant-varieties.html) in liners (price range from $1.50-$2.15 per liner that is including patent fee, but shipping is extra) for individuals buying large quantity (didn't tell me the minimum number of plants they are willing to sell but asked me how many do I want). I have room for maximum of 10 Indigos. They would laugh at me if I ask them to sell me 10 plants . Cornelius Farms at Manor, GA is also selling Indigocrisp in Spring 2016 for individuals. They already have Kestrel to sell for individual now (http://www.corneliusfarms.com/#!price-list/c9g4). I don't know how long the licensing agreement is going to last
            Inkfin,

Now that would be legal as long as the buyer orders at LEAST 100 of EACH variety AND signs a non prop agreement. So yes a home owner/ private grower like us could do that but sales of the plants 1 or a dozen at a time is not allowed nor are you allowed to buy 100 then sell them or even give them away. The non prop agreement goes so far that if you have those bushes in the ground you have to give the university 30 days written notice if you intend to sell your home so they can come tear them out of the ground if the new buyer will not sign the non prop lol. It also gives them the right to come on your property at any time and search and take samples of the plants you have for DNA purposes.

Comment

Please notify me when item is back in stock.
              The Indiocrisps seem to be no longer available at JF&E.
              SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

Was afraid of that. The university rules are just ridiculous. I know they are trying to protect their patent but these bushes were developed at a public university with public money.

Comment

I'm hoping they just ran out of stock. I haven't received any emails saying the plants will not be available. If so, they owe me some money.

Comment

They did just run out of stock I tried to bump my order from 2 to 3 and was told they just hoped to find the 2 I had already placed. Should find out next Sunday as my wife will pickup them, couple Titan Rabiteye. and 7 more persimmon trees. Shipping potted trees can get expensive, give your wife 4 days on Saint George Island with a friend and I bet she will pick them up for you. I got off easy her friend has a house there so I am just out gas money. I am just hoping she can fit everything in the vehicle.
                    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

My IndigoCrisp have landed, My wife picked up without issue, so I assume they will start shipping out soon. I know most of you seem to prefer southern highbush but I have better luck with Rabbiteye. I picked up a couple Titan as they are reported huge and tasty. I saw they had Krewer and in looking seems very little info just released by UGA late 2014 sounding good so I went with it. Anyone out there growing Titan or know anything about Krewer beyond the little press release info I googled. Pretty pumped about my new Persimmons as well, although several are duplicates to ones I have or replacements to ones I lost.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

Phil,

Awesome. I like rabbits for the record but they don't like it here, not enough chill. Ended up tearing them all out.

Comment

Phil, and anyone else who was able to get the IndigoCrisps - congratulations. I think you have gotten a variety that very few others are going to be able to get.

Please let us know how they do.
                          SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

I have finally been notified mine will ship next week. I hope they are the real deal. That Meadowlark variety you mentioned is still available Gina.
                            Houston, TX Zone 9a

Comment

Visceral,

The people at JF&E are top notch, I would rest assured they are what they say they are or they will make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by WillsC View Post
                              Visceral,

The people at JF&E are top notch, I would rest assured they are what they say they are or they will make it right.
                              Agreed which makes me think they must have everything in place to be selling IC.
                              Alpine, Texas 4500ft elevation Zone 7
                              http://growingfruit.org/

Comment

I called them last week to check on my order. They said they were not aware of the fact IC couldn't be sold to the public yet. Said they bought the plants from a propitiator but will not be getting anymore and have since removed them from there web page. Basicly we got very lucky to get them! I asked if we will have to sign a nonpropogation agreement and he said no, just promise that we won't! I agreed.

Comment

Got my IC yesterday. Arrived in good shape. Now the hard part, not letting them fruit this next season! Well, I might let one fruit bud go so I can get a taste

Comment

I got mine on Thurs also. Not the prettiest girls at the ball, but I hope I can pull them through til spring when I can start fertilizing them.

Houston, TX Zone 9a

Comment

Working...
                                    X