X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blueberry Cultivar

Hey Everybody, Just heard about a new release from U.G.A. called "Krewer" coming out in 2016. Anyone else got any input on this new cultivar? Seems to be a large variety as a companion to "Titan" could be quite promising! Opinions?
    Randy

I know nothing about it, but did find this article which might be of interest.

http://apps.caes.uga.edu/gafaces/?pu...ory&pk_id=5347
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

Gina, Thought this would be a good way to bring attention to the new release....kinda stumbled upon it myself when researching "Titan". Looks very promising! Apparently it must be a suitable pollinator for "Titan" judging from the article. Love to get other opinions/input! Anyone else please feel free to chime in. Randy

Comment

I picked up a couple 1 gal Krewer and Titan recent, but all I have seen on Krewer is that one press note already posted, just released late 2014, so probably not much info besides that UGA info
        strudeldog
        Last edited by strudeldog; 11-01-2015, 10:23 AM.
        Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

Nice find! Where did you get them from?
          Bob C.
          Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

I agree nice find! From reading the article my understanding was they were not available until 2016 or later. Where did you get them? Thanks, Randy

Comment

Just fruits and exotics my wife picked them up few weeks ago. I was there again couple days picked up some other things and they still have them driving back now

Comment

See indigocrisp post of recent think I posted pic

Comment

Originally posted by strudeldog View Post
                  See indigocrisp post of recent think I posted pic
                  Yes, they do sell Krewer blueberry plants online. It's a rabbiteye.
                  http://www.justfruitsandexotics.com/...ueberry-plant/
                  SoCal, zone 10.
                  www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

The Southern Region Small Fruit Consortium has a lot of articles on berries.
                    Here is one of their newsletters with a little about Krewer.
                    http://www.smallfruits.org/Newsletter/Vol15-Issue2.pdf
                    PPP
                    Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Looking at PPP's link in the other post http://www.smallfruits.org/Blueberri...2014report.pdf
                      sure sounds like T-1101 was introduced as Krewer

Comment

I got Krewer and Titan from JF&E last year. The plants were about 2' tall so I'm guessing this is their 3rd year. I picked my first Krewer today. It was very juicy and fairly sweet. It didn't have a lot of blueberry flavor but it's also very young. I liked it. The berries are bigger than Titan's.

Krewer - the smaller of the 2 I picked. The first disappeared too fast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Krewer BB.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	170325

Name:	Krewer BB bunch.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	170326

Titan - note the smaller and later ripening berries. None have been ready yet.

Name:	Titan BB.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	170327
                        Bob C.
                        Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

I don't know about Krewer or Titan, but my
                          Chandler's are coming on nicely again this year.
                          Large and Sweet.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                          Hermitage, PA
                          6A

Comment

Working...
                          X