X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauging interest for a sweetcrisp buy.

Anyone interested please post here how many you may want. It will be liners (I hope).
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

I'd take 2. Is Indigocrisp a possibility?
    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

What would the pricing be?

2 for me too. To follow along with the "If you give a mouse a cookie" line of thought, if Indigocrisp was also available, I'd buy two of those too. ;p
      Sarah
      Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Possibly two or three?

Comment

I will take 2.

What are liners?
          Garden Pics
          http://s117.photobucket.com/user/the...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by Thepodpiper View Post
            I will take 2.

What are liners?

Liners are young plants 60 to a tray, they would be about a foot tall.
            Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahkt View Post
              What would the pricing be?

2 for me too. To follow along with the "If you give a mouse a cookie" line of thought, if Indigocrisp was also available, I'd buy two of those too. ;p

Sarah,

Not sure as I have not heard the cost but probably $5 each??? Plus the shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Harborseal View Post
                I'd take 2. Is Indigocrisp a possibility?

I did ask about Indigos and perhaps in May I could get a tray, they are still tough BUT I can't sell them even at cost, is against the rules.

Comment

I bought my Indigo from Just Fruits and Exotics. They are borderline here. I'm not sure I will keep growing either Sweetcrisp or Indiocrisp here? The garage is too warm for them and they come out of dormancy early. It happened this year. The shed may be too cold. I will chance it though next winter. Right now they are outside, but it looks like all fruit buds are dead. The plants are still alive though.

Comment

Interested in 2 thanx

Comment

I would be interested in 4 or 5. I am in CA, can they be sent here

Comment

Sweetcrisp is rated 200 to 300 chill hours. http://www.ffsp.net/varieties/blueberry/sweetcrisp/

They do well enough in my extremely low chill location. I get flowers and fruits and leaves, but probably not as many as a slightly cooler area.

Can they be sent to California? Without a phytosanitation permit (or whatever is needed), there is always a risk of confiscation, but probably low. There are plant sniffing dogs that check some of the packages that come in through the airports.
                        SoCal, zone 10.
                        www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

I'd be interested in about 5. The known quality of these makes it an easy buy at that price. I'll be pulling up bb bushes I haven't even tasted yet to make room.
                          Houston, TX Zone 9a

Comment

Let me put it this way. I KNOW a guy out in California that would be very pleased to receive 4 or 5 of those Sweetcrisp blueberry bushes.

Comment

I have absolutely no problem sending them to CA as long as you understand any risk of confiscation is on the buyer It has never happened but it is a possibility no matter how remote.

Comment

Interested in 4.
                                Zone 8B Willamette Valley, Oregon

Wishlist: , Planera, Del sen juam gran, NSDC, De la Gloria, Greco Nero.

Comment

I'd be interested in 2-4, Wills. Do you know if they do well up north? And I'll need a second southern highbush variety for pollination?
                                  Zone 7A - Philadelphia
                                  Flavor Profiles & Variety List / Facebook / YouTube / Blog

Comment

• WillsC
                                    WillsC commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Ross,

I'm sorry but I don't think they are for you.....really just zone 8 and warmer?

• ross
                                    ross commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Even if I bring them inside with my figs for the winter?

Originally posted by WillsC View Post
                                  I have absolutely no problem sending them to CA as long as you understand any risk of confiscation is on the buyer It has never happened but it is a possibility no matter how remote.
                                  Over the years, although I've feared it, I've never had a problem receiving plants from out of state. If there had been a problem, I knew it was on my dime.

However.... a couple years ago, sending fig cuttings to someone else in California, the dogs found them at the airport. The package was inspected, but delivered. IIRC both the recipient and sender (me) got letters from the inspectors. I was supposed to have noted on the box what plant material was inside. Or something.
                                  SoCal, zone 10.
                                  www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Ok....the liners would be $5 each and are 6"-8" tall. They grow fast though.

Comment

The guy I know in California would be in for 5 if that is OK.

Comment

I will pick them up on Thursday. I hope this time there will be no snakes included

Comment

Should we let those fig people know on the other side of this forum? Hmmm, that would mean less for me though....

And by the way, I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE SNAKES IN THESE BLUEBERRY LINERS!
                                            Houston, TX Zone 9a

Comment

Wills, two $5 liners for me!

Comment

Ok the liners are a done deal. Picking them up tomorrow or Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                                X