X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Raintree or someone else was offering very small Indigocrisps who would want some?

Maybe we can convince them it would be good to sell more of them. Who would want some very small, young Indigocrisps if they were available? How many would you want?
    Bob C.
    Kansas City, MO Z6

depending on the timing and price, i might be interested in several hundred

Comment

Add me on your list!
      Zone 8B, Texas

Comment

I'd want a couple. Then probably more as family members' gardens would thirst for yet more blueberry plants.
        Sarah
        Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerD View Post
          depending on the timing and price, i might be interested in several hundred
          If you want hundreds and are planning to grow them and selling the fruits, why not try contacting one of the existing wholesale nurseries and buying them that way? You'd probably have a better chance to get them, and for a better price than a nursery such as Raintree reselling them (assuming RT could get around the agreement against reselling them).

Just Fruits and Exotics was selling them earlier this year starting in Sept, sold out quickly, and appear to never have gotten more. Here is the link to that thread: http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/blueber...crisps-at-jf-e

I was lucky to get one from an independent source but would like a few more if possible, so if the skies miraculously open, I'll add my name to the IC waiting list.
          SoCal, zone 10.
          www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

I would like to get on the list for IC.
            Gina, how well have yours done in zone 10? I understand they need 300 chill hours. Would like to give some a try

Comment

Originally posted by stevel View Post
              Gina, how well have yours done in zone 10? I understand they need 300 chill hours. Would like to give some a try
              It's too early to say what its long-term success will be. I've only had my one plant a couple months or so. Recently it has started putting out a nice flush of healthy looking leaves, which is great. Usually 300 hours is the rough cut-off for things succeeding here. There are always exceptions of course.

SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina View Post

If you want hundreds and are planning to grow them and selling the fruits, why not try contacting one of the existing wholesale nurseries and buying them that way? You'd probably have a better chance to get them, and for a better price than a nursery such as Raintree reselling them (assuming RT could get around the agreement against reselling them).

Just Fruits and Exotics was selling them earlier this year starting in Sept, sold out quickly, and appear to never have gotten more. Here is the link to that thread: http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/blueber...crisps-at-jf-e

I was lucky to get one from an independent source but would like a few more if possible, so if the skies miraculously open, I'll add my name to the IC waiting list.
                  ill be in the position to pursue that avenue probably next year. wholesale nurseries arent always so reliable in providing accurate variety descriptions. ive gotten completely wrong plants in shipments before. ill end up making the trip to florida when the time comes.

Comment

• Harborseal
                    Harborseal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you do keep the rest of us in mind!

• FarmerD
                    FarmerD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i will. the wife and i are starting a small diversified farm as we speak, so lots of interesting things are on tap for the next few years

For me it would depend on the price.
                  Houston, TX Zone 9a

Comment

Originally posted by Harborseal View Post
                    Maybe we can convince them it would be good to sell more of them. Who would want some very small, young Indigocrisps if they were available? How many would you want?
                    Seems like Indigocrisp is available again in 1 gallon size.
                    Zone 8B, Texas

Comment

It didn't last long It's not there anymore. I hope someone picked up one for me
                      Bob C.
                      Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

The nurseries are having a VERY hard time replicating the IC's. They generally get 90% strike rate on SHB BB and on indigos under 20% last I heard....so they are in short supply. Legally nobody can sell, trade or even give away IC unless they are a university licensed propagator and each customer has to sign a non prop agreement.....that is why Just fruits stopped as they had the university drop on them like a hammer, they also came down hard on the supplier who sold Just fruits the plants in the first place.

That said I have been looking for 12 more (want a second row of them) so I am in, I have found it very difficult to get more IC. I was told May and then was pushed back to October.
                        Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

I wasn't impressed with mine this yr. Berries weren't in the same league with Sweetcrisp. Now my plants have some sort of leaf issue, possibly fungal. And this in a greenhouse with low humidity and no water on the leaves. I'd post a picture but my files are always too big for this site and I don't know how to downsize.
                          Alpine, Texas 4500ft elevation Zone 7
                          http://growingfruit.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Harborseal View Post
                            It didn't last long It's not there anymore. I hope someone picked up one for me
                            It's still listed there, but when you click on '1 gallon size' it says 'out of stock' (or something). That's how they've listed it for several months. Kinda misleading IMO.
                            SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

They sold out very quickly.
                              Bob C.
                              Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

Please count me in for 200.
                                If cannot get 200 then any number will be fine with me
                                Last edited by maimai2; 06-09-2016, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Cornelius Farms hassweet crisp advertised at $1.85 for gallon size containers. Not indigo crisp but a good price on a good variety..

Comment

My Indigocrisp have a serious leaf issue not caused by rain or humidity. No other variety has ever shown anything like this and that's probably 30 varieties.
                                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
                                    Last edited by fruitnut; 06-13-2016, 01:23 PM.
                                    Alpine, Texas 4500ft elevation Zone 7
                                    http://growingfruit.org/

Comment

Two of my newish springhighs were showing significant leaf problems - all bumpy/distorted. Similar to aphid damage, but there were no aphids. They were adjacent to each other. Another springhigh some distance away was fine. I decided to destroy those two plants lest it be something contagious. I cut them off at the base. I wasn't that fond of them anyway. I suppose I could see if they grow back healthy.

My indigo crisp has a few fruits on it. It's leaves all appear to be healthy and the plant is growing well.
                                      SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

Working...
                                      X