• Interesting Deal on Figbid 355 Trees

Entire collection 355 trees.

Kimberly, AL

https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Detai.../355-Fig-Trees
    Attached Files
    MJ
    Chicago Zone 5
    Figbid Listings Varieties List

Oh my....yeah, that's Mke Davenport....very nice guy....I knew he had a stroke over a year ago. apparently his condition has not improved. He has some very nice trees. I write to him every once in a while and never get a reply. I assumed the worst...apparently he is still alive, at least. what a shame...
    Pm me for the list of trees available for sale.
    Phoenix, AZ zone 9B

Comment

Yeah, that is our future.
      [Figs] -- Eastern Missouri -- Zone 6

Comment

If only I had the space, I would be driving a box truck to Alabama as we speak

Comment

$28/tree, not bad really if someone had the money upfront to do that. Don’t know him, but feel bad for someone to be in that situation. Gotta be rough!
          ░░░SoCal░ ░ ͡ i ͡ ░ ░Zone░ ░9A░░░

W/L: La Joya, Ondata, Belvedere, Bebera Branca, Fico Giallo, Vernino, Asunta 5 Paco (DF)

Comment

• Noah Mercy
            Noah Mercy commented
            Editing a comment
            Better than a fair price - a great deal, IMO.

He was a bit communicative in the beginning but it’s been a while since I’ve heard from him. Very sad ..

Comment

Mike is one of the guys who got me started.
            Bought my first cuttings from him.

Round Rock, TX 8b
            WL: Delicious figs

Comment

=( very sad
              My CollectionFor TradeWish ListMy Listings
              Zone 8A •
              Greenville, NC

Comment

I think the seller would do better to break up the collection into something more like $300-500 lots. I know it's a lot more trouble, but I don't see many people ready to spend $10k vs $500. I think it would bring more and move faster parted-out.

And my sincere regards for Mike, although I don't know him. We can, perhaps more than just about anyone, appreciate the care and effort required to establish such a wonderful collection. Likely, just one facet among many of a productive life and legacy. While it appears his big fig period may be drawing to a close, I hope new vistas open to replace it.
                South Arkansas - Zone 8a

Comment

This breaks my heart. I sure hope someone can help him out. It's an instant collection and a great deal
                  Angel #1 at 2 Angels Mushrooms & Figs-Chattanooga, TN Zone 7-B
                  You are invited to The Fig Frolic on Sat., Sept. 17th, AND Hang Time (for OurFigs only) INFO HERE

Comment

So so sad. Mike is one of the good ones. He has a spectacular collection of figs. I wish I was near him. It would be well worth the money.
                    Eric - Santa Barbara, CA Zone 10a

Comment

i bought many cuttings from him the last few years. i was looking for his cuttings last year but he was nowhere to be found. it is unfortunate as he is a very nice person and a wealth of knowledge about figs. going to miss him very much
                      David
                      Los Angeles CA zone 10B
                      Wish list: Cosme Manyo

Comment

its not the money, it's the space needed for 3 5 5 treees!
                        Zone 5/6. WL: Black Ischia UCD, Exquisito, Vern's Brown Turkey, Florea, Iranian Candy, Smith, LSU Hollier&Champagne, Cyperus Honey, Lebnese Baskinta Purple, Col de Dema Blanc, Longue D'aoute

Comment

• backyardfigs
                          backyardfigs commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey Hey, I got the space I'll hold them for you.

Dang, I hate to hear and see this.
                        8a/8b = 100 In-ground trees, 10 in 25 Gallon Pots, 20 in 7 gallon sips. Goal = find the top 3 non splitting commercial quality and graft them on every tree. "It isn't over till I'm all figged out"

Comment

Sad to hear. I wish him the best.

Comment

Mike could get an amazing amount of growth from potted figs. He could routinely get a cutting started in Dec to be a 6 ft tree by mid summer. I wish him all the best.
                            Conrad, SoCal zone 10
                            Wish List: More Land

Comment

• Brian M
                              Brian M commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You are right. He’d have them up against that chain link fence.

• Noah Mercy
                              Noah Mercy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I remember those posts - way better than what I can do.

Does anyone have a contact for Mike?

Comment

• ginamcd
                              ginamcd commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If you make a couple more posts, the forum software will fully activate your membership. (Start with an introductory thread telling us a little about yourself and what brought you to the forum.) This will give you access to the private messaging system and you can message him that way.

Or, if you have a Figbid account, you can look him up on Figbid and use the "contact buyer" link on one of his older listings there to reach him.

I did send him a message through the FigBid post but have not heard back which is why I was wondering if any one here had a different form of contact for him.

Comment

• ginamcd
                              ginamcd commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Then I would go with figs and tropicals advice in the post below and leave it at that.

Sometimes when people aren't feeling well they really don't appreciate a bunch of messages. When I didn't see Mike listing cuttings, I contacted him and he told me about the stroke, and that he hoped his condition would progress to where he could be active with his figs again. I followed up with an email a few months later to see how he was doing, and have not gotten a reply. I feel like he doesn't want to answer continuous questions about his condition...as hard as it is to back off, sometimes that is the kindest thing to do. I had my turn to communicate with him and let him know that I was sorry to hear about the stroke, and that I wished the best for him. I had my chance, and I'm happy about that. It's a delicate matter when someone is in bad health.
                            We will all miss him as an active member of our community. I hope he has a few of his very favorite varieties that family members are helping him to maintain, and those varieties give him happiness. I hope he hasn't passed...
                            Pm me for the list of trees available for sale.
                            Phoenix, AZ zone 9B

Comment

Working...
                            X