X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negronne fig

Here are some pics of one of the better main crops so far from my negronne
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

The eye looks so symmetric doesn't it !
    Did you like it ?
    Looking for De La Gloria.Your best teacher is your last mistake !

Comment

• chronic.overwaterer
      chronic.overwaterer commented
      Editing a comment
      Loved it! This one was able to ripen and dry on the tree unlike the last 2. It was very concentrated compared to them. A lot of honey berry flavor

Awesome looking num num.....nice!
    Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

Nicely ripened! Are these current year pictures? It, like it's other VdB relatives, is typically a late-ish variety and I see your in PA, which is why I ask.

I culled my VdB type, Valle Negra, last winter due to lateness and had planned to add Negronne this year, but changed my mind after realizing to too, would be a late ripener.
      “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
      – Source Unknown
      MA 5b/6a

Comment

• don_sanders
        don_sanders commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m near Philly bit just a little bit cooler. My VDB types started ripening the end of June this year. Main crop will probably start mid/end of August.

You’re a little bit colder than me and generally bring your figs out pretty late from what I read which might delay the ripening. You could probably get a decent crop with a little shuffling in April/May.

• ginamcd
        ginamcd commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you manage that? Was it a hold over from last season, a massive head start, or perhaps indoor growing through the winter?

• chronic.overwaterer
        chronic.overwaterer commented
        Editing a comment
        my potted figs woke up in our garage around late February and I then moved then inside to a sun room until the after the last freeze in late April/early may. sometimes put them out in march or April if its a warm enough day, then bring them back inside for the night
    Working...
    X