X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ponte Tresa main crop

Bought a tree from FishingforFigs a few months ago and finally had a fig ripen for me. Had to pick it a bit early because the mice are getting frisky with my figs, but still pretty good. Had a bit of pepper flavor. Excited for this over the next few years.
    Attached Files
    San Diego zone 10a
    WL: raspberry tart, interesting CA seedlings.

Looking good congratulations 👍
    JLB zone 8b south Mississippi. Wish list really good figs thay don't split with all this dang humidity

Comment

The inside looks amazing with that deep rich red color. Thanks for sharing the picture. I can’t wait to taste this variety!

Simon

Comment

• Fishninja
        Fishninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course. I wasn't super impressed with the flavor, especially after seeing the color, but I did also pick it a bit early and it's a pretty small tree (I think it was an air layer from earlier this year), so I am hopeful for the future. It was sweet, but a bit watery, though that could also be my fault.

• venturabananas
        venturabananas commented
        Editing a comment
        This variety gets intensely dark colored flesh for me, but the flavor intensity does not match the appearance.

I was able to increase the Brix of many of the different varieties of fruit I grow by giving it Langbinite and gypsum for calcium. Increasing the Brix also seemed to significantly increase the overall quality of fruit by bringing out the other flavor components.

Simon
      Attached Files

Comment

• Fishninja
        Fishninja commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the pointers. It wasn't that the fig wasn't sweet, more that I guess I had high expectations based on the stunning color.

• venturabananas
        venturabananas commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same let down. Mismatch between appearance and flavor. Same as with Galicia Negra.
    Working...
    X