X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exquisito - 2021 Main Crop

Here is our first fig this year off EX. The tree is about 22 months old and came from Fruitnut via Figbid. So far, this is our favorite fig. It stays sweet, plump and juicy in the ultra hot dry Phoenix climate. And the skin stays thin and melts in your mouth. In other climates, I've read that this fig can over-hydrate and swell up. But it seems to stay just right here. CLBC is another one with a thin, melt in your mouth skin. BM, MIB, SB & I-258 have all developed chewy skins, which my wife does not like.

The jury is still out on all my new fig trees, because they are all barely 2 years old, and need more time to mature. But if you live in a very high heat, low humidity dry desert climate, EX may be a good one for you.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by American Infigdel; 07-17-2021, 08:27 PM.
    Phoenix, Arizona 9B

Looks really good man. Might have to add that one to the collection.
    Louisiana Zone 8/9. W/L Whatever fig I don't have.

Comment

• American Infigdel
      American Infigdel commented
      Editing a comment
      We really like it. It has a great silky mouth feel. The skin and pulp just melt in your mouth like a chunk of butter.

This variety is one of my best growers, it’s taken off and has set multiple figs in its first year. Very excited to try this one!
    ░░░SoCal░ ░ ͡ i ͡ ░ ░Zone░ ░9A░░░

Comment

• American Infigdel
      Editing a comment
      My young tree has grown very well too and set many figs. I was concerned the branches might break from the weight of them in a wind storm last week. But fortunately, no damage.

• RosyPosy
      RosyPosy commented
      Editing a comment
      American Infigdel Yeah, winds can be really damaging 😬 Glad it held up though!

These are some of my EX.

It's good to hear that it does well in the AZ oven.
    Attached Files
    Alpine, Texas 4500ft elevation Zone 7
    http://growingfruit.org/

Comment

• American Infigdel
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to let my next ones ripen more, so the skin cracks like yours. Its hard to wait, when you've already been waiting 2 years!

I love my Exquisito, very sweet fruity flavor.
    MJ
    Chicago Zone 5
    Varieties List

Comment

I’ve got one starting to change color, not sure if it’s a breba or holdover? Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	467.2 KB
ID:	1014507
      Looking forward to it regardless!
      Wish list. White Baca, 5 Terre A UNK, Kafe Te Jiate, Crozes, Angelito, TD Yellow Crinkle, Brown Sugar Crunch, Fig Jaune/Jaune d`Escoussans

Comment

Another Exquisito. I let this ripen more, and it developed a lot more sugar syrup. And I think it could of went much longer and formed a honey drop. Had hints of peach, cantaloupe and honeydew melon. This fig needs hang time to develop its refreshing flavors.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
        Phoenix, Arizona 9B

Comment

Infigdel gorgeous figs. Need to get those for Arizona here now. 🤔

Comment

Working...
          X