X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Italian honey breba

Sorry. No knife on me but these were really awesome. There’s an older Italian honey tree at my college alma mater outside one of the buildings. I noticed it a few weeks ago and happened to be back out this way today and was able to pick a couple perfectly ripe brebas that were cracked and soft. Rarely have I picked one of these at this stage. It was almost pooling honey inside. This is making me rethink turning my nose up at honey figs.
    Attached Files
    Z8+ Oregon, willamette valley. WL: More land, cool citrus
    Ok fine, I made a channel but it’s not all figs: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2vAVzLns27I5JUiwpiPMUw

Man that is awesome looking!
    Thats the perfect ripeness
    Round Rock, TX 8b
    WL: Delicious figs

Comment

yum i feel like PAVLOV'S dog !
      Zone 10a So. Calif. W.L. Super tasty new finds !

Comment

The main is also awesome. Perfect sweetness cut with the sour skin. One of the best figs I ever had was a perfect Italian Honey main.
        Last edited by oat; 07-17-2021, 11:54 PM.
        San Francisco Zone 10B.
        WL: None

Comment

No matter what name is used the Lattarula, Italian Honey, Blanche, White Marseille......blah blah. It is an old historic fig that has always been loved/hated. Works for some locations and does poor in some. I think the sellers love the multiple names so they can sell people multiple trees, LOL! My Brown Turkey magically transmogrified into a White Marseilles like many Agristarts T/C figs it may take years to find out what you really have. All I have harvested so far is brebas, main crop looks to be a month away. My smaller tree sold as a Blanche still has not fruited after 3 years. Due to its history I have high expectations for this fig.

Comment

• Forbiddenfruit.garden
            Forbiddenfruit.garden commented
            Editing a comment
            Three years waiting for a fig! You are patient. I give two years max. If it doesn’t produce at least one in that time. I tell it to get the fuc outta here.

Here is my white Marseille fig (breba). Slightly different in shade and coloring. My sources white Marseille is from a bonsai from France label as white Marseille. Subscribe to my YouTube and Instagram Forbiddenfruit.garden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQU7Z9lKFZY&t=342s
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
          Connecticut zone 6b. No wish list. Experiments on different varieties and keeps only the best tasting.

Comment

Working...
          X