X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuttings leaves

I’m thinking spider mites have reared their ugly heads again. Could this discoloring be spider mite damage?
    Attached Files
    Zone 7a Westchester County, NY
    Wish List:Boysenberry Blush, De La Roca. Vincenzo, The One, Calderona de miner, Verdolino, Blanche De Deu’s Saisons

Are you growing indoors under a grow light.

Can you see tiny webbing anywhere.
    Tony, Toronto Canada USDA 4B now 5B apparently!!
    Wishlist:
    Yellow Neches, St Martain, Texas Peach.

Comment

• Pdiscool
      Pdiscool commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I am

It's hard to tell under that lighting. Get a photo under daylight. With spider mites, there's also going to be disfiguration / deformation on new leaves and leaves that are still growing. But it's going to take a week or 2 to assess based on that. I think everybody here should own a loupe. Easy way to diagnose / rule out spider mites.
    GA, 7b

Comment

You should see webbing that consists of tiny strings of material just like a spider - to which they are related. If you look at them under a hand lens, you can see them pretty easily. If you google spider mites images you will know what they should look like.

I've found them to sometimes be a problem indoors. Outdoors natural predators seem to keep their numbers down; if not, a daily strong spray of water should take care of the problem.
      Learning to grow figs in Sonoran Desert of Arizona (9a)

Wish list: Paratjal Rimada

Comment

Here is a pic under normal lights. I’ve had spider mites before, the thing is this time seems different as there is no webbing and I can’t see anything. Just the discoloration on the leaves
        Attached Files
        Wish List:Boysenberry Blush, De La Roca. Vincenzo, The One, Calderona de miner, Verdolino, Blanche De Deu’s Saisons

Comment

Are you fertilizing?
          What's your fertilization schedule?
          Healthier plants will be able to fight off infestations. Good luck.

Cutting Fertilization... https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...r-young-plants
          Cutting Fertigation... https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...duce-more-figs
          Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

How close are your lights? I used to grow kratky veggies indoors under lights and noticed light burns when they got too close
            Fullerton CA literal border of zones 10A/B

Comment

AscPete Max monster the lights are under the alien grow lights, maybe 6-7 inches underneath. Could it be burning from the light?

Comment

• Pdiscool
                Pdiscool commented
                Editing a comment
                https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                This is the one im using. Could this burn leaves on cuttings 7 inches away?

• maxmonster
                maxmonster commented
                Editing a comment
                Mm no if it was burn from that far... I think the pattern maybe more diffused... mine burned around 2 inches away and since it was so close it was like literally a white dot.

• Sulev
                Sulev commented
                Editing a comment
                There is no signs of burn from grow light.
                Hardly any grow light can burn fig leaves from 7 inch distance.

On another thought, twice a week I was spraying with end all spray at night time. The cuttings should have had full 12 hours to dry. Could that be an issue?

Comment

Working...
              X