X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK's the size of apples!

Check out this fig on my DK this year. Literally bigger than a baseball. (Portland, OR in ground)
    Attached Files

🤩 That is amazing. Each fig is an entire meal!!
    Eric - Santa Barbara, CA Zone 10a

Comment

This is how DK can rob so many of the main crop and we all still rave about this fig. It’s a must have.

Comment

Looks great. I did away with DK after a few years. It needs the fig shuffle to ripen it's brebas and was just too much work for a breba crop. But that's just me......
        Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania / Zone 6b

Comment

• ginamcd
          ginamcd commented
          Editing a comment
          Joshawa Read through this older thread to see what it takes to get a San Pedro such as Desert King to hold and ripen a full breba crop in colder climates. Joe has continued using the described approach with similar results every year since, and it's an approach I hope to perfect with two San Pedro's I own - https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...the-east-coast

• Joshawa
          Joshawa commented
          Editing a comment
          ginamcd, thanks for the link, i read through it while still in bed.
          Man , all of sudden my life becomes so much more complicated with fig adventure, but also so much more exciting!

• DH
          DH commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m trying to add it to here in MA after reading on Joe’s technique to hold the breba crop.

Living the dream right there😎
        Round Rock, TX 8b
        WL: Delicious figs

Comment

well done !! very nice
          Toronto, Canada USDA Zone 5. Wish List: Azores Dark, Malta Black, Sucrette, LSU Hollier and Violet Sepor. I'm always interested in trading cuttings if your in the Southern Ontario area. Thank You!

Comment

I'm curious to see if you can get some MAIN crop DKs with the record setting heat we've been experiencing here in Portland. Last year I decided not to abort the main crop figlets and got 15-keepers. Who says DK here needs the wasp?!?
            Oregon City, OR (Zone 8b) by Portland.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
              Zea
              Watsonville, CA. zone 9

Comment

How does it look inside
                Mario
                Texas 9A

Comment

Looks great, I really should have gotten one 10 years ago 🙄
                  MJ
                  Chicago Zone 5
                  Figbid Listings Varieties List

Comment