X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU Black

Is this variety prone to splitting? I just found one that is nowhere close to being ripe and it had opened up like a flower. I am just wondering if I made a bad choice in purchasing this variety.
    8A GA Wishlist: Black Socorro,Ponte Tresa,Stella,White Adriatic #1, Cavaliere, Colonel Littman's Black Cross, heirloom figs that have been passed down from generation to generation

I actually didn't know there was an LSU Black...hm

Learn something new every day.
    Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

I don’t know about GA but it’s an excellent fig here and I don’t recall it being a splitter assuming it’s a Scott’s Black.
    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Verdolino, Black Celeste

Comment

IIRC there is a LSU Scotts Black, a LSU Black and a LSU Late Black, all three different figs.
      PPP
      Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

• TNJed
        TNJed commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe Late Black is actually Thibodeaux, per Cajun B. There is an LSU Black, but JFE sells LSU Scott’sBlack labeled as LSU Black. So many ppl have ended up thinking their Scott’sBlack is plain Black. Think I’m remembering that right….

• Halligan-
        Halligan- commented
        Editing a comment
        TNJed that’s great to know, thanks!
        I guess I need all three to confirm🤣😂🤣

• davej
        davej commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I'd be interested in how these three compare.

I had a lot of fruit from LSU Black last year, and yes it did split a lot. My LSU Black tree was right next to my RLBV tree and it was a stark contrast. RLBV did really well in the rain and bugs and LSU Black did not. Despite that I kept it this year because it did grow well and produce a lot of fruit.
      FigLife: www.figlife.com
      www.youtube.com/figlifedotcom
      [email protected]

Comment

There is a LSU Scott's Black,it does well in rainy climate in the deep south,The Late Black is the LSU Thibodaux and the LSU Black is just a LSU Purple that some one was tying to sell as a LSU Black,as for as a know there is no LSU Black......I almost forget,there is a LSU St.Gabriel Black also.
        Brian
        Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Comment

Working...
        X