X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Fig Points of Interest

I'm taking a family trip from Texas to Santa Rosa Florida this coming week. Does anyone know of any good fig nurseries or orchards I can stop and visit along the way? The drive takes me through Louisiana, Alabama and Florida. Any suggestions would be great.
    Forest Hill, Texas: Zone 8a

No wish list but open to trades and offers

It looks like Santa Rosa isn't close to Tampa. I was gonna recommend checking out Pete Kanaris. Dude grows all sorts of plants for sale. Pretty sure he has a fig collection as well.
    Tom V
    San DiegoCa

Comment

• FloraFig
      FloraFig commented
      Editing a comment
      That's like on the opposite side of Florida.
      Last edited by FloraFig; 07-23-2021, 10:52 PM.

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey that's still a great tip thanks man. We plan on going out farther next time so I'll save that. I have not had time to read the comments due to the long drive and rest. Thanks again.

Should be plenty of stops in Louisiana. 1 in particular is escaping me. Ourfigs members galore through there! Visit Cajun B
    wnc Z7a Hominy Valley
    wish list: a world without Invasive Pests

Comment

• FloraFig
      FloraFig commented
      Editing a comment
      goodfriendmike, I have no idea where it exactly is located, but I saw several posts on WTF and it looks amazing.

• jessup42
      jessup42 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just stop & see goodfriendmike he is in LA!

• goodfriendmike
      goodfriendmike commented
      Editing a comment
      jessup42 I am sure if he passes thru I can hook him up with something. I have multiples of a few. I tried to give a member on here a holy smokes. 30min ride for a free fig. Well hour round trip but really. But did not take the offer.

I'm trying to find the name of a guy up there in the pan handle. He has a fig orchard and I interacted with him awhile ago.

edit: his name is Martin, he runs a nursery named Schuckelberry Farms in Clarksville. According to him he has over 100 trees inground. He invited me to come visit,but I just never had the time.
    Last edited by FloraFig; 07-23-2021, 08:02 PM.
    C.Florida 9B WL: I-258 , Black Ischia, Ham Rham, Ghoudane , Moro de Caneva

Comment

What about a stop at just fruits and exotics?
      Angel #1 at 2 Angels Mushrooms & Figs-Chattanooga, TN Zone 7-B
      You are invited to The Fig Frolic on Sat., Sept. 17th, AND Hang Time (for OurFigs only) INFO HERE

Comment

A special thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I left a day earlier than I planned and drove almost 14 hours straight due to pit stops. The wifi service at the beach house is horrible. Can't complain though it's beautiful and I got to see a canopy of trees in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. I'm going to try to map out my drive back and convince my fiance to visit a spot. If not this time I know there's great folks out here that can look out and guide me to the right place.
        Forest Hill, Texas: Zone 8a

No wish list but open to trades and offers

Comment

Working...
        X