X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The I Knew it, One More Day Tragedy Post.

Grantham's Royal, about the size of a softball. Got one last week. Large, but not this big. Exceptional breba.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210724_113819.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	1019117

Name:	20210724_113830.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	416.0 KB
ID:	1019118

Yesterday's consolation prize. I-258

Name:	20210724_114029.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	1019119

Name:	20210724_114054.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	343.0 KB
ID:	1019120

Name:	20210724_114716.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	1019121

WT****......that is a sad site for sure man, on the other hand, a beauty of an I-258!

The other is nothing short of a beauty as well BTW....stinkin pests.
    Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

Just do bird netting. After being thickheaded for years, this year I finally mustered up the 30 mins to do the work. It was worth every second. The figs are dripping and ripened to desire. I go to sleep in comfort. This one tree I got over 45 lbs of figs. I just had my best harvest of 12/15 lbs this am. I’ve been avg. 5/6 lbs a day for the past two weeks. Just do the netting top and bottom, it works!
      Attached Files
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
      Connecticut zone 6b. No wish list. Experiments on different varieties and keeps only the best tasting.

Comment

• Mario
        Mario commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in Wallingford 6b, are those trees in ground ? They look great, you most be doing some major winter protection

• soarbird
        soarbird commented
        Editing a comment
        Good advice!

• Cguitar
        Cguitar commented
        Editing a comment
        Mario they are in ground. Check out his YouTube videos describing how he protects them. They are wrapped in concrete curing blankets & burlap.

My condolences. I will be setting up a trap for squirrels and already bought framework to cover my in ground with bird netting. I don't share well. At least fresh figs, that is. Cuttings and trees I don't mind sharing. Fresh figs, not too much.
      NNJ 6B
      Wishlist: Colar d'Albatera, Mary Magdalene's and the Virgin Mary's Fig, Red Lebanese BV

Comment

Garlic_Mike he saved you the larger half!! I'm sure he was too full to eat it all...it's a big 'un !! looks like your grantham's royals do nicely for you. other people have not gotten tasty fruit. I think that was Rewton. He is about to pull his tree out of the ground.
        Pm me for the list of trees available for sale.
        Phoenix, AZ zone 9B

Comment

@Mario,its me bud 2 miles away, lol.

Its in a 5gl. First year to fruit, probably more me than the variety. @7 yr plant was ready for the pile before these.

Netting is next. The bird came back while I was standing there.

The one I got. Ate with a friend. Didn't take a picture of the inside.

Name:	20210714_123629.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	1019246

Comment

What a beautiful little girl. You can tell by the happiness in her smile, figs will be in your family for a long time.

Comment

• Forbiddenfruit.garden
              Forbiddenfruit.garden commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks garlic Mike. She loves her figs. She even has 4 little trees of her own.
          Working...
          X