X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moscatel Preto and Ponte Tresa

So so good!

Moscatel Preto is one of my earliest, it’s large, produces all season and is a more complex sugar type fig. I look forward to it each year. It also has great breba.

Ponte Tresa is a top fig. Gorgeous, productive, strong berry flavor, full of honey.... oh yeah!
    Attached Files
    Eric - Santa Barbara, CA Zone 10a

WOW ! Ultra-Violet !
    Zone 10a So. Calif. W.L. Super tasty new finds !

Comment

Oh my word! You get me every time with those beautiful photos. *Sigh* I put PT in the ground this spring, so it's busy growing. No fruit this year.
      Angel #1 at 2 Angels Mushrooms & Figs-Chattanooga, TN Zone 7-B
      You are invited to The Fig Frolic on Sat., Sept. 17th, AND Hang Time (for OurFigs only) INFO HERE

Comment

• ZingsFigs
        ZingsFigs commented
        Editing a comment
        I will be curious how it does this winter in ground in 7B land. I was able to get a second PT up potted from a single node cutting. I had planned on attempting to put one in ground. I hope it works out great.

what an amazing color on the tresa
      Dallas,TX - Zone 8a - Follow me @thefarmingtales on Insta.
      WL - Angelito, El Sueno Yellow, Yellow Absheron, Fico Giallo, Tia Penya, Campaniere, Moro de Caneva, Cessac, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

That extra day looks like it makes a difference🤤
        Round Rock, TX 8b
        WL: Delicious figs

Comment

They both look amazing!
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCHHopi_E99OBvafBPEcF_pg
          Zone 8B - Cottage Grove, Or
          Wish List - Crema di Wheat

Comment

Pictures like these are why I am here. Thanks as always Durtsch (that would be your hockey nickname), and keep them coming.
            Buffalo, New York Zone 6A

Comment

Oh man, I know I shouldn't look at your post but can never resist 🙂
              I get jealous every time !
              All your figs look super delicious !
              Thanks for posting.
              Looking for De La Gloria.Your best teacher is your last mistake !

Comment

MP looks delicious!

Now I'm hyped for my PT. I have a nice crop on my little tree..
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20210726_091939.jpg Views:	0 Size:	350.0 KB ID:	1019884

Is it a long hang time for that quality?
                Tom V
                San DiegoCa

Comment

• ZomVee
                  ZomVee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can't complain about that. Thanks

• Halligan-
                  Halligan- commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seeing your tree. I realize how far my PT is from ripening. They haven’t hit that swell stage yet....😢

• ZomVee
                  ZomVee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Halligan- I got kinda lucky this year. I bought the plant from Bass in May last year and I don't think it ever went dormant. I up potted the thing in probably September. Kinda just did nothing, didn't grow, didn't go dormant, but then in Spri g it started up. So I kinda got an early start to the season with it this year.

I just checked and looks like you guys are having the higher humidity right now like we have been getting down here (our's has been a lot higher but its fluctuating in and out). Are you noticing any difference in ripening?
                Jaime - Orange County, CA 10a (coastal) Wishlist: Thermalito, Cosme Manyo, Beltrana, Del Sen Jaume Gran

Comment

• Evdurtschi
                  Evdurtschi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Everything is actually ripening well right now. The humidity is typical in the morning. It is hard to tell a difference since it has been many months since I have tried those from later in the year and those were mostly caprified as well.

Nice figs!
                My MP was early and very productive last year. Unfortunately, I’m getting nothing this year since my tree was knocked back by “the big freeze”.
                Deep in the heart of Texas
                zone 8b
                WL-Ondata

Comment

Looking good Eric. I dont have MP but my Ponte Tresa tree has figs on it this year. I cant wait!!

Comment

I just got a PT. Won’t likely get fruit this year but should get me some good fruit next year!

Im convinced that if you can get a tree to wake up around February / March in SoCal, you can be picking ripe fruit in July.

Millennial Gardener fertilizing technique is a game changer.
                    Zone 10A - San Diego

Comment

• Evdurtschi
                      Evdurtschi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We don't have to do anything special at all here in So Cal. They naturally wake up at that time and I only use Osmocote Plus and I get stellar growth and massive yields of figs. I have been eating main crop for a month

That’s amazing. It’s odd that a few people in SoCal are saying they aren’t getting good figs. I guess If you’re super close to water you get a lot of overcast and it’s cooler. But you’re right, they usually wake up around that time.

Ive also been getting some main crop for a few weeks now. Some of my Panache is starting to swell right now!
                    Zone 10A - San Diego

Comment

Those look amazing. Must resist adding more varieties to the wish list!!
                      // Los Angeles (10b) //
                      // Wish List - A real yard with space to grow //

Comment

As always great pictures and they both look wonderful
                        SW TN 7B Wish list: Boysenberry Blush, Coll de Dama Mutante, Madeira Island Black, Cravens Craving, Malibu Greek and Fico Giallo. Any fig I can grow and Happy Days

Comment

Damn, I'm too impatient...still even though it's picked way too early this thing is super unique. Very sweet and a deep dark grapeish berry.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20210812_172930.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	1031763
                          Tom V
                          San DiegoCa

Comment

Working...
                          X