X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Tree grafting

Is anyone going to the tree grafting clinic in Poplarville Mississippi on Wednesday the 18th?
    Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

That would be fun, there is never anything like that around here, that I have ever come across anyway.

Maybe someday I should set up a scion swap and grafting clinc for southern Colorado..... that would be fun!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Go for it! I'm sure it will a be rewarding endeavor. Not to mention meeting all the people you only know by their username. I had a similiar event two years ago and we ended up with about fifty people. Hope I can do it again this Fall.

Comment

Looking forward to that Charles. I couldn't make it last year.
        "gene"
        Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

• Darkman
          Darkman commented
          Editing a comment
          My place may still be battered from the flood last year but I think we'll be ready. You were missed and I hope you can make it this year.

I'll be at the grafting event here in Lancaster, PA on March 28.
        https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
        SE PA
        Zone 6

Comment

i emailed them last night. He said the class is fully booked. Maybe you and TJ can stop by on your back home

Comment

Would like that! I'll call you when we get out of class around four.

Comment

The clinic went well and I came home with two grafted apple trees and two grafted pear trees. As a bonus I was able to visit with MSfiglake. Barring a catastrophic weather event he will have quite the orchard in a few more years. His is well underway and a couple more Summers growth and he will have large trees. We share a common problem with tree rats stealing our bounty. He very graciously gave me some cuttings I have been wanting and I will hopefully be able to get them growing well this Summer. Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
              X