X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Long Neck main - Joined the 100g club!

Probably could have used another day or two, but it fell off as I was moving through my trees. 108g! My biggest fig so far and the tree is loaded with similar sized fruit. This was a full meal on its own. Not as tasty as some from last season were, I think this variety is prone to getting a bit watered down and we had a rare bit of rain here the other day. Also has a massive open eye. But still was a nice subtle sweat honey taste with a bit of melon and super productive. Keeper for sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0548.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	549.8 KB
ID:	1020423 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0550.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	521.4 KB
ID:	1020424 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0552.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	684.5 KB
ID:	1020425
    // Los Angeles (10b) //
    // Wish List - A real yard with space to grow //

Looks great to me, almost a melon! Makes up for it in size. I have this grafted on a vigorous rootstock, it’s also early too.. I have big hopes this one here. Thanks for the post.
    RHS rating H3 (USDA zone 9)

Comment

Brown turkey 105 grams i think. Biggest ive got. Should beat it next year since my yellow long neck will be older.
      Attached Files
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
      WL: Raspberry Latte, Black Zadar. Spokane, Wa. Z6

Comment

That is great!

I bet that tastes pretty dang sweet.

I rooted 2 YLN cuttings, one for me and one for someone.....lol
        Probably take it to the Fig Frolic.
        Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

That is a beauty!!
          Zone 5 Barrie, on

Comment

I have been hearing allot of people rating yellow long neck in the top 5 at some fig tastings. Only seen on youtube though I have never tried one. I started my first trees early spring 2019 and bought a brown turkey at local hardware store. This is my first year having plenty of actual figs to test. I over pruned several trees year one so they either didnt produce fruit or produced so late it never ripened. Then got a fewvlast season but this year I am blessed. Even my black madera kk graft that I grafted indoors this last winter under grow lights scared up nicely and is producing fruit. Hope I can get them to ripen. But if not thats ok Always next season.
            7b.. Wish list figs.. #1.Verdalino, #2.Figoin.....

Comment

Anni the only one thinking this doesn’t look like YLN
              Long Island, NY - Zone 7b

Comment

• SoCalFigs
                SoCalFigs commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm assuming you're thinking that because of the short neck and coloration of the fig? If so, the neck on YLN can sometimes be stout and varies from fig to fig; the same can be said with the color.
            Working...
            X