X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big and super tasty, ugly outside and beautiful inside unknown

Reminds me of I258 in consistency. Very sweet thick and jammy. Honeyed. More tropical fruity (pineapple?) than berry but some berry flavors. Really liked it. Have a new scale ordered but I am guessing 70g. It grew in my lights and may have been a breba. But it’s really unusual shape if it is. The lights kind of alter the ripening patterns so not sure I can say it’s early but there are more figs on it. Does it look familiar to anyone?
    Attached Files
    Soccer playing, whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, dark fig eating woman
    married to my best friend, the same uber tolerant man, for 29 years
    Zone 7a

Smith
    Wallingford,Ct. zone 6b

Comment

You grow figs under lights?
      Alice: St. Louis, MO zone 6b, new at figs
      WL: Verdino del Nord (Figoin), Azores Dark, Nerucciolo d’Elba. Moro de Caneva, Campaniere, CdD Blanc, De la Roca

Comment

• blaze
        blaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep
        I ripen them under lights and grow/head start them as well.

• aliciasv
        aliciasv commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like to hear more about how you do that.

Possibly. I see the resemblance. But I have 5 of those and this would be the biggest one by a long shot that I ever grew. My smith breba this year, definitely smaller by half, was pretty bland. But then I am not sure it’s a breba. Also my smiths have a purple blush in my climate and not very ugly. But the taste is definitely similar. And I know others say their smiths are ugly. Smith leaves on mine at least are all pretty much 5 fingered with bigger gaps in the fingers, but I am going to look closer. I think it’s a possibility. Thanks. Not sure why I didn’t think of that when I tasted it. There is a definite similarity.
      Soccer playing, whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, dark fig eating woman
      married to my best friend, the same uber tolerant man, for 29 years
      Zone 7a

Comment

This one sounds interesting.
        you and the hubby will have to come by the house for whiskey and Cigars before it gets cold.

Comment

• Dtownfigs
          Dtownfigs commented
          Editing a comment
          I was wondering when the dude would resurface! I’ll come by for whiskey, but I hate cigars😁

• fig Lebowski
          fig Lebowski commented
          Editing a comment
          They are both an acquired taste

• blaze
          blaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Alex Dude!
          How’s the flooded area?

It hasn’t flooded at all this year, but I don’t trust it anymore.. at least not to put potted trees there. I lost so many I am not happy about that at all.
        now I’ve just been keeping everything in my driveway which can be a pain but is better than them washing away.
        I have sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys and geese back there in my back yard now. They help with the hours on the mower that’s for sure.
        hows everything been with you and yours?

Comment

• blaze
          blaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Good
          Kids out now
          My figs are producing super well this year. My experiment with in grounds on the side is a huge success.
          I culled a bunch last year and am down to about 100 trees now

• Bellefleurs
          Bellefleurs commented
          Editing a comment
          …”down to about 100 trees”😂
          Love it

Nice! I wish I could get down.. I keep picking up more lol.

Comment

Working...
        X