• Show
Clear All

• White Madeira #1 Main 2021

As expected one of my top figs, and my favorite green fig, its a keeper x4

Attached Files
    MJ
    Chicago Zone 5
    Figbid Listings Varieties List

I'm am so looking forward to this fig next year as mine has just been up potted to a 7 gal. That fig looks amazing thank you for sharing
    Joe - Rhode Island Zone 7a

Comment

• MJA829
      MJA829 commented
      Editing a comment
      Both breba and main are high quality and delicious, you will enjoy them both next season.

Here is mine...plenty of figs but none ripening, seems like it's taking forever.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

• 2AngelsMushrooms
      2AngelsMushrooms commented
      Editing a comment
      It's moderately late, Kevin, but sooo worth the wait. Mine ripened in mid-Oct. last year.

• Ktrain
      Ktrain commented
      Editing a comment
      Anticipation sucks, lol

acerpictum, The leaves fell victim to rust...there are still some further up. I can't win here with all the rain and humidity.

• acerpictum
      acerpictum commented
      Editing a comment
      Ktrain The remaining leaves "feed" the inflorescences (in the photo, the flowering phase). Perhaps the absence of leaves at the nodes retards development. Then there will be a stage of "internal" growth, or the so-called "dormancy", when the inside - the ovarys - grows and fills the cavity, and the external dimensions of the syconium change little. You need to be patient. And in the future, try to keep the leaves.

This has become my favorite fig for the SW FL environment. Excellent tasting, beautiful, precocious and highly productive. And it holds up reasonably well to splitting in the rainy season. We will see if it still keeps the number one spot when my Smiths start producing.

Comment

I have been considering this one for in ground next spring, along with my smith....and a couple LSU.
      Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

• 2AngelsMushrooms
        2AngelsMushrooms commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin I put WM#1 and LSU Gold in ground this spring, and a couple more. The WM#1 is just gorgeous, and it has set a lot of fruit this year. I would encourage you to plant this one for sure. It was the best fig I tasted last year.

• Ktrain
        Ktrain commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool!, Thank you for sharing the information, funny thing....My WM and my LSU Gold are doing the best right now.
        I will send you a list tomorrow, I need to go through my line up and figure out where I lack. lol

I have 4 on mine I was watching a YouTube video about pinching and actually pinched the rest off thinking they wouldn't ripen. Dumbest thing ive ever done lmao.
      NC Sandhills zone 8A. Wishlist- BNR, CDDG, and split resistant figs.

Comment

• Ktrain
        Ktrain commented
        Editing a comment
        DOH! I'm just letting it do it's thing, I have I-258 and Black Madeira doing the same thing....gah!

Looks fantastic!

Comment

That fig didn’t stand a chance again that knife. Poor thing.

WD#1 is truly an amazing fig. Top 10 for any grower.

Comment

Looks great!
          cant wait for mine to ripen.
          Round Rock, TX 8b
          WL: Delicious figs

Comment

Your on a role pal, nice 👍
            Zone 5 Barrie, on

Comment

Got a 2nd leaf tree that made a proper main trunk this year after a regen prune. It set several figs, so I’m hopeful I can try it this year.
              Mike, MA Zone 6a
              wishlist: Angelito!
              A good tree clearing service for central Massachusetts...

Comment

Mine got taken out by ambrosia beetles; hadn’t planned to replace it but I hear nothing but good about it. Well done…

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	A50F39FD-CC16-48BA-959C-50876B41003B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	575.4 KB ID:	1024194This White Madeira was a dormant chip bud this spring, but it really ripped on this Celeste rootstock. Stands over 8 feet tall with fruit at every node. I’m very impressed with its vigor and precocity. I hear it tastes good, too. 🤞🏻

Comment

• TNJed
                    TNJed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    BOOM! Nice work man…time to set those airlayers too….
                Working...
                X