X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU THIBODAUX- biggest fig ever

I picked this huge LSU Thibodaux fig this morning. CajunB rooted it for me last summer (my youngest daughter lives in Thibodaux) and I planted it in the ground last Fall. It’s the biggest fig I’ve ever seen and taste great, to boot! Also picked a delicious Sangue Dolce and a BB10 that got knocked off before it was ripe. It is a beauty, but hope to get a real ripe one later. Today, I’m going to pick Celeste when it cools off to make preserves. They are tasting much better since we haven’t had rain in a over week. Suppose to have a light rain tomorrow so want to clear the trees. Click image for larger version  Name:	B27EF1EE-EE4F-4B1D-9254-D43DDFC399EB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	601.6 KB ID:	1023511 Click image for larger version  Name:	EFF8B689-5358-4FBC-BE95-E632CB60CD80.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	530.2 KB ID:	1023514 Click image for larger version  Name:	DF414763-660F-48D2-A9C5-1D2DA43F02A0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	800.6 KB ID:	1023512 Click image for larger version  Name:	70523C9D-6BE6-408C-8EE1-C465D4266492.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	376.9 KB ID:	1023518 Click image for larger version  Name:	C9616B90-56B8-4562-8EA2-67F4AC8C3140.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	350.2 KB ID:	1023513 Click image for larger version  Name:	326AD752-3D17-455F-AFF1-2C1694CA9D25.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	661.3 KB ID:	1023516
    Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Hilliard Lawler, DVM, Indianola, Mississippi Zone 8A
    My website: https//bloomsonthebayou.com
    wish list: Nerucciolo d'Elba

Awesome!
    Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

Boy, I love seeing that. Your in the 100 gram club!! I picked up a small LSU Thibodaux 6 weeks ago, growing great. It made two figs so far. I wonder what the average weight of LSU Thibodaux are?
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What did the LSU Thibo. taste like? I have a dozen or so on my little tree that are 2-3 weeks from ripening. Thanks.
        Peter - San Diego 10a. Santa Rosa 9b, 10b. WL: Angelito, Sicily 33, Narucciolo d Elba and Figoin. Better to give than to receive

Comment

• drbud
          drbud commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet and juicy! You’ll like it.

• PBfigs
          PBfigs commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking forward to tasting it! Thanks

I keep reading good things about the LSU type figs. It really looks great
        SW TN 7B Wish list: Boysenberry Blush, Coll de Dama Mutante, Madeira Island Black, Cravens Craving, Malibu Greek and Fico Giallo. Any fig I can grow and Happy Days

Comment

Your eating well dr bud. Looks great!

Comment

This is great to hear Hilliard. I got a Thibodeaux in the ground earlier this summer but didn’t realize they are so early. Congrats on that big boy!
            CJ in Memphis 7b/8a….tight eyes, nonsplitters...Pons figs, French figs, Mario figs & tasty Cali seedlings!

Comment

This is going to be my next acquistion. Is it a vigorous grower?
              Baton Rouge La. Zone 9a

Comment

Well now im very bummed my cuttings died Great looking fig and I had no idea they got that large. Thanks for sharing!
                Seattle,WA (USDA) Zone 8b

Comment

Thanks for the Post. My thib it's starting it's second season I'm looking for fruit this year. Looks good.

Comment

Amoorebr,
                    LSU Thibodaux is very vigorous! I cut mine back to a single 40 inch trunk and it has put out 36 inch branches all over including a 3 foot central leader and it’s putting on figs now. I haven’t even fertilized it this year! The limbs are in disarray as we had a severe wind/hail/rain storm.Sunday.
                    Hilliard Lawler, DVM, Indianola, Mississippi Zone 8A
                    My website: https//bloomsonthebayou.com
                    wish list: Nerucciolo d'Elba

Comment

Thans Doc
                      Baton Rouge La. Zone 9a

Comment

I actually have been trying to make contact with Harold Daigle Jr. He is the guy who did the write up on fig varieties about the Thibodeaux. He brought a cutting home from one of the very early trees and planted it at his parents house in Baton Rouge. I rode by the parents house and there are several fig trees at the dads address and the 2 next door neighbors houses. I dont want to go and knock because the parents have to be really old so Im continuing other methods to contact either the son or the dad.I want a cutting off that early tree.
                        Baton Rouge La. Zone 9a

Comment

Working...
                        X