X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian Everbearing.

I would have a picture of the inside but I was having hard enough time trying to get a picture of them before my wife was wanting to “have a bite” aka eat them LOL. I’ve seen people post about it being similar to brown turkey and other EBT’s but maybe with the extreme sun/heat combo it made it have a sugary-berry flavor that I’m glad I got a bite of. Not exotic but definitely a keeper cause wife loves it and it’s very prolific of golfball to slightly larger.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Glad you're getting fruit from your tree. Up here the EBT types ripen main crop too late.

I suggest letting the next figs hang on the tree a bit longer as these two could have easily used several more days. Unless you have extreme pressure from weather or critters, wait until they completely droop, the skin on the neck starts to show some wrinkles, and look for cracks in the skin.
    “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
    – Source Unknown
    MA 5b/6a

Comment

• ETXfigger
      ETXfigger commented
      Editing a comment
      They were starting to split and then we had a rainstorm last night (picked during lightning) where we got 2.70” of rain and blew up apparently ripe green ichias. I have 6 golf balls hanging in bags ripening at the moment too waiting.

Well was finally able to get a picture of the interior of them before being scarfed down! Was able to get the last 6 this evening. Very pleasant, somewhat watery from the rains but overall had a very tender skin and good sweetness! Can only get better next year!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Congrats! Hungry spouses can be a hindrance, but a determined figger will eventually persevere!
      Mike
      Cobb County GA, 7b
      Wishlist: Bornholm/Nexöe, Cavaliere, Zaffiro

Comment

• ETXfigger
        ETXfigger commented
        Editing a comment
        Right you are!!

Update yr 2: much darker and sweeter, definitely the EBT type but does has a hint of berry. Heat may be darkening the skin but it didn’t turn it into fruit leather like others have.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Is Italian Everbearing the same as Texas Everbearing?
        I might have this one and I’ll admit that this year’s figs that are ripening have been impressive.
        Super sweet with no splitting following two rain showers.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
        Piney Point Village, Zone 8b
        W/L- Allix, Cateto

Comment

• ETXfigger
          ETXfigger commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s a good question, it’s does resemble the same fig but I dint have the Texas everbearing only a sport of the white one. It’s about 2-3 weeks earlier this year than last due to the heat.
      Working...
      X