X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible DK Not. Umm. What is this?

It’s increasingly looking like I may not have a true DK. I’m kind of baffled how it might have happened, but I bought it from one of our local, very well established, mom and pop nurseries my first year. It was a nice big tree when I got it, well over 5’ tall, but hasn’t held breba until this year, year 3 in the ground. That’s when the differences came to light. The fruit is more yellow, still pink inside, though not a deeper red like I’ve seen some DK here. The biggest difference is the breba are not as big as DK I’ve picked from other trees, but that could be due to other factors (water, age, fmv, etc). The leaves are largely serrated and 3-5 lobe. They don’t look DKesque at all. Kim says it could be Norman’s Yellow, which I guess is another San Pedro type that tastes similar to DK. I couldn’t tell much difference in flavor, other than this is a much younger tree than any DK I’ve picked from.

Does anyone have a Norman’s Yellow and would be able to provide pics? If it’s not that, what else could it be? I’m fairly certain mine drops it’s main crop, but I’ll leave them on this year to see what happens. I don’t think this tree is anything significantly rare, far from it, but I would like to know what it is.
    Attached Files
    Z8+ Oregon, willamette valley. WL: More land, cool citrus
    Ok fine, I made a channel but it’s not all figs: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2vAVzLns27I5JUiwpiPMUw

WOW Those are small for DK , As you say looks like somthing else how is the DK varient i think i sent you ,lose track of what went where ???
    Zone 10a So. Calif. W.L. Super tasty new finds !

Comment

• Sod
      Sod commented
      Editing a comment
      I got 2 to take. They’re alive but not growing much. I think I need to up pot them.

Leaves don’t look right to me.
    Lebanon, Oregon Zone 8a
    youtube.com/channel/UCnCFUZHzUeQJ9ApH0wGU0TQ

Comment

• Sod
      Sod commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya it’s not a true DK. I just don’t know what it is.
Working...
X