X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Galicia Negra for me

First fig of the season and first ripe fig off of my Galicia Negra. Taste wasn’t too special but I know it’ll be better as it grows up.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

It sure looks special...and I know it'll get better.
    Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b

Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

Tongalahi
      Thats a great looking fig. I am rooting Galicia Negra. Sure hope it survives and produces for me. I really like the color of the inside. Do you have any pictures of an uncut fig?
      Tim-Zone 8a/Northport, Alabama
      WL- Calderona, Black Tuscan, Genovese Nero AF or
      any good dark figs.

Comment

• Tongalahi
        Tongalahi commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately I didn’t get a pic of the skin, but it was straight black on the top side where it got the most sun and purple on the bottom side where it was in the shade. I think it’s considered among the top tier varieties so I’m excited to see what it does next year and the years to come

• great08
        great08 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have two I rooted out this year as well. GN is one of the most vigorous. I even have a little figlet on one of them.

It's a very good fig when everything comes together. You've got the looks now for the substance. It will come.
      Alpine, Texas 4500ft elevation Zone 7
      http://growingfruit.org/

Comment

• Tongalahi
        Tongalahi commented
        Editing a comment
        Believe it or not this one came from you off of figbid at the beginning of this season. Had 3 figs on it when I got it, I plucked 1 and let the 2 others ripen. The first one I picked felt soft and ripe but when I bit into it, there was still some latex in the skin, and this is the second of the 2 that I left on. I’m excited to see how it comes through the next couple seasons, I’m sure it’ll be fantastic!

Awesome! Bravo! It is a variety that can take some years to mature but give it time and you will be rewarded. Truly a beautiful fig.

Comment

A+ for certain.

Congratulations.

Comment

Working...
        X