X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenticel on new cutting s

I had to cut this shoots/ suckers ... a friend of mine asked if he can have a fig plant,
    so today has been 10 days that I put these cutting in a glass of water, and today I see the lenticels / protuberance,
    Hopefully i will see roots soon
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210805_104432_HDR.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	1026677 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210805_104419.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	1026678
    Hamilton ON. Zone 6a/b

You have to change the water frequently. Everyday is probably ideal. That water looks like it's getting scummy.

Comment

I have tried rooting in water and they always begin to rot before roots for me. Others report success. I have been putting them in soil when they reach the stage you’re at now - when lenticels appear. Seems to help. Good luck 👍🏼
      CJ in Memphis 7b/8a….tight eyes, nonsplitters...Pons figs, French figs, Mario figs & tasty Cali seedlings!

Comment

Originally posted by Royalfizbin View Post
        You have to change the water frequently. Everyday is probably ideal. That water looks like it's getting scummy.
        Darn didn't know that, i will do it right away
        thanks for the info.

Originally posted by
        I have tried rooting in water and they always begin to rot before roots for me. Others report success. I have been putting them in soil when they reach the stage you’re at now - when lenticels appear. Seems to help. Good luck 👍🏼
        So far they don't look that are rotting
        ​​​​​​​Thanks for the info
        Hamilton ON. Zone 6a/b

Comment

Working...
        X