X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrient deficiency identification

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any experience with what nutrient deficiency could be in this pic. It’s on one of the top newer leaves. The trees apical bud has closed up as well but is still bright green. I’m assuming it’s a secondary nutrient, maybe iron or magnesium? Any input would be great!
    Attached Files
    Zone 7a Westchester County, NY
    Wish List:Boysenberry Blush, De La Roca. Vincenzo, The One, Calderona de miner, Verdolino, Blanche De Deu’s Saisons

Does this help any?

https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...ent-deficiency
    Galveston County, Texas

Wish list: Original Magnolia, LSU Tiger, Alma, Madeira Island Black

Comment

Looks like it needs N but over watering can look like this as well. The NE has been pretty wet the last few weeks.
      Guildwood Village - Toronto, Canada - Zone 6

Comment

• jessup42
        jessup42 commented
        Editing a comment
        If it was an older lower leaf, nitrogen would be correct. but an upper leaf means magnesium iron sulfur for or some thing other than nitrogen. I have the same appearance but it’s on the lower leaves. Go figure

• Pdiscool
        Pdiscool commented
        Editing a comment
        jessup42 do leaves that follow that have same issue after attempting to correct the micro nutrient deficiency?

• jessup42
        jessup42 commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it would depend on how quickly the plant could correct itself corresponding with your nutrient application. The lines could be very blurry there, if you even are able to correctly identify the deficiency and correct it in time. It’s a very tricky though. That’s why I rely on time release broad spectrum fertilizer w Micros inbetween. And even I have problems that are hard to identify and I’m too late to rectify. Just had a defoliation and still wondering what the heck happened

It’s truly some detective work. The medium is def on the drier side. I was thinking either under watering or more likely a secondary nutrient deficiency.
      Zone 7a Westchester County, NY
      Wish List:Boysenberry Blush, De La Roca. Vincenzo, The One, Calderona de miner, Verdolino, Blanche De Deu’s Saisons

Comment

Working...
      X