X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for honey

I’m sure somewhere deep in the forum it’s been discussed a few times, but does anyone who lives in the south (or in Texas) have any suggestions on honey fig varsities other than Italian honey or YLN? Have been interested in LSU champagne and Hollier but can’t tell if they’re honey or sugar flavors? Anyone with glow would be greatly appreciated!

If you can protect sefrawi from the rain I recommend it, they've been getting better and better each time. It will split if you get rain
    Attached Files
    NC Sandhills zone 8A. Wishlist- BNR, CDDG, and split resistant figs.

Comment

• It Could use another day
      It Could use another day commented
      Editing a comment
      It's also cold tolerant and drought tolerant, it has an open eye but it's always sealed with honey. The figs are pretty large I have big hands so it seems smaller, the only thing I don't like is the splitting but I can move it under a shed.

• ETXfigger
      ETXfigger commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks amazing! I had an LSU Gold and lemme tell ya, that thing would blow up like a firecracker if it had too much rain so I ended up gifting some cuttings and turned the rest into kindling.

• It Could use another day
      It Could use another day commented
      Editing a comment
      And it was really good! This is a first year tree and I can literally taste the figs getting better as more ripen. I will be making copies of this tree.
Working...
X