X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Santos 2 Main 2021

I’ve been ripening these for well over a month. They are large to very large figs and for them to teach their prime, they need to be allowed ample time to ripen on the tree and go from super soft to more dense from drying a bit.

These are very interesting. Nice rich berry flavor and very sweet. They are meaty and light. Not sure that makes sense but it’s what I thought of. The inside goes from light red to a dark purple/red when properly ripened but they are amazingly sweet a solid week before their prime. The skin and syconium is very soft and sweet and they trick you into thinking they’re ripe when they aren’t.
    Attached Files
    Eric - Santa Barbara, CA Zone 10a

Very nice! This looks like it was a great seedling find. Do you know if it is confirmed to be common?
    FigLife: www.figlife.com
    www.youtube.com/figlifedotcom
    [email protected]

Comment

• Evdurtschi
      Evdurtschi commented
      Editing a comment
      I expect it to be common, based on last years seed tests but it has not been 100% confirmed. It should be later this year though.

Is this one you found ? Is it a new seedling ?
    Zone 10a So. Calif. W.L. Super tasty new finds !

Comment

• Fig Gazer
      Fig Gazer commented
      Editing a comment
      are you going to have cuttings avalable in dec. -jan ??

• Evdurtschi
      Evdurtschi commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't have this one yet? I thought for sure you did. I found this one like 2 years ago. I just had it labeled LS2. I can definitely get you cuttings

• Fig Gazer
      Fig Gazer commented
      Editing a comment
      YOUR MEMORY serves you well ,i definatly have one .your "figtator ness" takes good care of his friends .MY questions are ment to illuminate both my self and interested forum members .

This size of some of there fig finds are impressive, and they still seem to have excellent flavor👍🏻
    Round Rock, TX 8b
    WL: Delicious figs

Comment

Working...
    X