X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madeira Island Black

First fig ripened from a first year tree.
    The fig could have used another day or two to ripen but we are expecting more rain and I also wanted to try the fig before a critter swiped it.
    The fig was very sweet with honey dripping from the osteole. The flavor was similar to Black Madeira.
    One difference that I noticed right away- the skin of the Black Madeira figs is sweet. This one’s skin was not sweet at all, but the flesh was sweet and syrupy.
    Definitely a keeper!!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Piney Point Village, Zone 8b
    W/L- Allix, Cateto

Looks like a winner 😎
    Joe - Rhode Island Zone 7a

Comment

Did this one ripen any earlier than BM for you?
      Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b

Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

• Otis
        Otis commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Denise. I realized after I asked this it wasn't a really fair ❓ since too many variables plus I imagine they're really closely related down the genetic trail.

• Bellefleurs
        Bellefleurs commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally fair question.
        The only reason why I’ve collected the so called synonyms is to figure out which one is better (and to see how similar they truly are).

• Otis
        Otis commented
        Editing a comment
        I get that. It's why I have I258 and GNaf. I'm still not convinced they're identical, yet.

Yay! I’m glad you got to it before the critters. Sounds delicious and like it can only get better from here.
      β–‘β–‘β–‘Sβ–‘oβ–‘Cβ–‘aβ–‘lβ–‘ β–‘ Ν‘ i Ν‘ β˜Όβ–‘ β–‘Zβ–‘oβ–‘nβ–‘eβ–‘ β–‘9Aβ–‘β–‘β–‘

W/L: La Joya, Ondata, Belvedere, Bebera Branca, Fico Giallo, Vernino, Asunta 5 Paco (DF)

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
        Phoenix, Arizona 9B

Comment

• Bellefleurs
          Bellefleurs commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s awesome!!! πŸ˜‚

Thank you for sharing the pictures, it looks amazing. Was the MIB larger then the BM, and I was under the impression that it was an earlier variety then BM. I had a MIB coming to me but it didn’t like the three months in the postal service. I have a BMKK, in your opinion is it worth me still trying to obtain this variety ?
        SW TN 7B Wish list: Boysenberry Blush, Coll de Dama Mutante, Madeira Island Black, Cravens Craving, Malibu Greek and Fico Giallo. Any fig I can grow and Happy Days

Comment

• Bellefleurs
          Bellefleurs commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s still early for me to make a fair comparison but the only difference that I noticed between my two trees is that the skin on the BMKK was thinner and was very sweet.
          If I had to choose between them I’d keep the BMKK.

• ZingsFigs
          ZingsFigs commented
          Editing a comment
          Bellefleurs I guess I could never have to many that are like the BMKK, maybe I will just AL the BMKK. I am still waiting for ripe figs on all of the trees that I have started. I do not expect the BMKK to ripen this year, I do have an Edgars YLN and Roberts Golden Rainbow that I should be able to pick some ripe figs from. I am really looking forward to next year. I will just have to enjoy the Brown Turkey figs that are loaded on my tree this year. I have a Martenica Ramada that I should be able to get either a AL or at least a couple cuttings for you. I have not verified the fruit yet but I got them from the FigDoctor and AndyG. Let me know, the AL would not be ready until next spring.

American Infigdel
        This one’s for you πŸ˜‚
        Attached Files
        Piney Point Village, Zone 8b
        W/L- Allix, Cateto

Comment

Picturesque.....very nice looking fig!
        Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

Looks great, mine is so late this season, looks like it will not be ready until end of September.
          MJ
          Chicago Zone 5
          Figbid Listings Varieties List

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            Phoenix, Arizona 9B

Comment

• Bellefleurs
              Bellefleurs commented
              Editing a comment
              No!!!😱😭

Bellefleurs
            I hope your next MIB fruits will make you more surprised πŸ˜„

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210706_182153.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	1028407

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210706_182418.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	1028406

Tung, Vietnam
            - Growing figs in a tropical climate

Comment

• Bellefleurs
              Bellefleurs commented
              Editing a comment
              That fig is insanely beautiful 😍

I just picked a really nice MIB honey dripper. Beautiful coloration. This is the best tasting MIB yet and possibly the best tasting fig this year!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
            Phoenix, Arizona 9B

Comment

• American Infigdel
              American Infigdel commented
              Editing a comment
              Bellefleurs - I've been double bagging the most promising figs. And I've discovered the ants only bother the ones that have been pecked or otherwise opened up by a critter. Good luck on your MIB!

• Bellefleurs
              Bellefleurs commented
              Editing a comment
              Ants are the least of my worries 😱

• American Infigdel
              American Infigdel commented
              Editing a comment
              Bellefleurs - darn, I had a good ant meme in mind!

Awesome! mine is getting close as well
            8b PNW
            I wish the wasp liked my yard

Comment

Working...
            X