X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North central Alabama fig search

Hello everyone. I am hoping to find someone very close to Guntersville Alabama with some extra figs. I have A couple ripening but it will be next year before my trees are big enough to produce enough figs for me and my household. I need some fig friends close around my home. I have spotted a farm 1 mile from my house with several 15 ft high by 20 foot wide fig trees. Trying to catch someone home but I am covered in tattoos from being a tattoo artist and many old folks wont answer the door.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    7b.. Wish list figs.. #1.Verdalino, #2.Figoin.....

Good luck with your search.
    Jennings, Southwest Louisiana, Zone 9a

Comment

Check Farmers Markets, Craigslist, Nextdoor, classifieds, local buy/sell papers, U Pick directories…. You might also leave a letter/note for the people with the big trees and/or have a friend with a more conventional appearance talk to them initially.

Good luck!👍🏼
      CJ in Memphis 7b/8a….tight eyes, nonsplitters...Pons figs, French figs, Mario figs & tasty Cali seedlings!

Comment

Thanks . good ideas

Comment

Guntersville is only about a 90 minute drive from Chattanooga, so please allow me to invite you to come up on Aug. 28th for the Fig Frolic. You will meet A LOT of new fig friends. We have about 100 people registered and it's going to be a lot of fun. For more info click here. Hope to see you there!
          Angel #1 at 2 Angels Mushrooms & Figs-Chattanooga, TN Zone 7-B
          You are invited to The Fig Frolic on Sat., Sept. 17th, AND Hang Time (for OurFigs only) INFO HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Jamey View Post
            Hello everyone. I am hoping to find someone very close to Guntersville Alabama with some extra figs. I have A couple ripening but it will be next year before my trees are big enough to produce enough figs for me and my household. I need some fig friends close around my home. I have spotted a farm 1 mile from my house with several 15 ft high by 20 foot wide fig trees. Trying to catch someone home but I am covered in tattoos from being a tattoo artist and many old folks wont answer the door.
            lmao. why dont you throw on a hells angels vest and carry a machete as you ring the bell. that should help.
            Ike
            bergen county NJ 6b
            Wish list: oh lets face it Ill take any variety I dont have!!

Comment

Don't feel bad... old people can't see far enough to see your tattoos probably. They don't answer for strangers anymore period.
              South Jersey, zone 7a- 20 mins from Philly, 30 mins from AC

Comment

Originally posted by 2AngelsMushrooms View Post
                Guntersville is only about a 90 minute drive from Chattanooga, so please allow me to invite you to come up on Aug. 28th for the Fig Frolic. You will meet A LOT of new fig friends. We have about 100 people registered and it's going to be a lot of fun. For more info click here. Hope to see you there!
                Thank you. I been looking for this info. I couldnt remember where I saw it. And as for mushrooms I been growing from spore off and on for about 8 years. I love edible muahrooms. A good shiitake is my fave. I have 2 huge oak trees need pruning way back on my property. I plan to do so during proper time of year and will have a shiitake forest with strains for different times of year. Ive only done small scale so far so it will be a huge upscale for me. Thanks for the info . have a great day.

Comment

• 2AngelsMushrooms
                  2AngelsMushrooms commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like an awesome project. It's hard to beat a log grown Shiitake for sure!
              Working...
              X