X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healdsburg, CA: Headed there. Any fig stops that I can do there or nearby?

NorCal folks,

I'm headed to Healdsburgh, CA, for some business on September 7-9. Anywhere nearby where I can taste a bunch of different figs? I'd be driving up from SFO on the 7th and could hit somewhere on the way up. Thank you!
    Zone 6a/b, Cincinnati. Wishlist: Ouriola, Ondata & Tupac's Killer

Still looking for leads. thanks!

Comment

Don't Figgy Smalls!

You won't come back. You heard what happened to Figpac right?!?

Jokes aside; somebody help this man out.

You never know he might hit the lottery and bring back a gem; which I assume NotoriousFIG would gladly share with whomever gave him said info....
      Last edited by Kid Fig; 08-20-2021, 09:24 PM.
      Inland Empire - Zone 9b

Comment

Hey Figgy, didn't want you to be left hanging but upon doing some research there is a city 29 miles away from Healdsburg called Coloma.

There are 28.36 miles from Healdsburg to Hopland in northwest direction and 32 miles (51.50 kilometers) by car, following the US-101 N route.

It has been posted that Black Mission and wild figs grow in Coloma.
        Inland Empire - Zone 9b

Comment

Thanks Kid. I plan to take my Felco F8 and grab some wildlings. There's a fig tree in Healdsburg that's mentioned here back in 2015. Maybe I can find that one in town and get some cuttings.

Comment

There are so many fig seedlings in that area. If you are trained to recognize figs, you will see a lot. I don't care to even count how many I have seen up there. The problems are 1. most of them are not common. 2. Most are too young and growing in the shade and never set any figs. 3. Some seedlings might not even be the kind that will ever set any figs! It will be a big gamble but who know you might win a lottery
          San Francisco Zone 10B.
          WL: None

Comment

• NotoriousFIG
            NotoriousFIG commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm also hoping to find some at the market where Harvey sells them in SFO before I drive up.

How'd the trip go? Any luck finding wild fig trees?
          Inland Empire - Zone 9b

Comment

trip is next week, I plan to find out where HarveyC is dropping figs next Wednesday in SFO and go buy all of them!

Comment

• Kid Fig
              Kid Fig commented
              Editing a comment
              Boy oh boy; I hope I doesn't break your bank but then again this opportunity doesn't come around so often so more power to ya!

You're welcome to visit my place. I have dozens of trees in the ground, but most won't have ripe fruit yet, I'm sad to say. PM me if interested.
            Sebastopol, California. Zone 9a
            The best time to plant a fig tree was 80 years ago. The second best time was 50 years ago. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
            X