X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnifica Dry

I was finally able to try a ripe fig off my Magnifica Dry tree. This is my second year growing this variety, but I only had a few figs on the tree last year and unfortunately the birds got them. True to its name, Magnifica Dry has an unusually dry interior. The taste was like a moderately sweet honeydew melon. This is one of the varieties in Kiril Donov's collection.

Video review: https://youtu.be/xUe0Y1Bb45I

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6409.jpg Views:	28 Size:	412.3 KB ID:	1029542 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6417.jpg Views:	27 Size:	544.9 KB ID:	1029544
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SubmarinePete; 08-10-2021, 07:24 PM. Reason: I updated the YouTube video link
    FigLife: www.figlife.com
    www.youtube.com/figlifedotcom
    [email protected]

That looks great, do you think it will change in taste with age ? I do love Honeydew.
    SW TN 7B Wish list: Boysenberry Blush, Coll de Dama Mutante, Madeira Island Black, Cravens Craving, Malibu Greek and Fico Giallo. Any fig I can grow and Happy Days

Comment

• SubmarinePete
      SubmarinePete commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea. I can’t find much information on the taste.

I tried another one of these figs today, and the taste was much sweeter. It doesn't look like much but it actually tasted pretty good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6453.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	468.5 KB
ID:	1030278
    FigLife: www.figlife.com
    www.youtube.com/figlifedotcom
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X