X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fico Gentile FL

This looks very different from Harvey’s bc of my cooler climate but it is an excellent fig. Sweet and jammy with a complex berry winey type taste with an acrid skin. The bitter skin happens sometimes with cool weather ripening.

Anyone else ripened this one yet? Seems like a real winner.
    Attached Files
    Eric - Santa Barbara, CA Zone 10a

I like these where it's like you can see the inside through the skin.
    Zone 10b, Long Beach CA
    Creator of The Original Wasp In Fly Out (WIFO) Bags
    Wish list: Bebera Branca

Comment

• Evdurtschi
      Evdurtschi commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. It’s really cool to see the color bleeding through.

It’s kind of reminding me of Lampeira Prusch pics that were posted not too long ago, though I think those were breba. Any similarity in flavor between the two from what you remember?
    ░░░SoCal░ ░ ͡ i ͡ ░ ░Zone░ ░9A░░░

W/L: La Joya, Ondata, Belvedere, Bebera Branca, Fico Giallo, Vernino, Asunta 5 Paco (DF)

Comment

• Evdurtschi
      Evdurtschi commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks very much like LP so far and the flavor is also similar. I’ll be doing a side by side with them soon to compare and contrast.

This was my casualty this year. My cutting from Harvey rooted and leafed out with tons of roots. A month after up potting…the dreaded wilt, then leaf drop. It might have received too much rain.
    ugh
    Piney Point Village, Zone 8b
    W/L- Allix, Cateto

Comment

Haven't ripened one yet as I only received a small tree this as gift from a local but it is growing and pushing figs already so I am looking forward to it next year.
      NNJ 6B
      Wishlist: Colar d'Albatera, Mary Magdalene's and the Virgin Mary's Fig, Red Lebanese BV

Comment

Working...
      X