X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronde de Bordeaux 2021

This week my Ronde de Bordeaux have started ripening and really enjoying them, very sweet and flavorful.
    Love how dark the skin is, beautiful variety.
    Hope everyone is having a great summer!Click image for larger version

Name:	20210811_184156.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	1030895 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210811_184001.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1030896 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210811_184917.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	1030897 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210811_185031.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	1030898
    Almaguin Highlands, Canada. Zone 4a/3b. WL: Ronde de Bordeaux, Florea, Hollier, Dauphine, Gisotta nero, Verdolino, Malta Black, Violet Sepor .Any early finishers would help, just starting out, not picky. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication~Da Vinci

Nice ! Mine are starting figlets! Hopefully when I build my greenhouse I’ll be able to ripen them
    Zone 5 Barrie, on

Comment

• Terra
      Terra commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, and good luck with the greenhouse!

Beautiful fig! Happy eating!
    ░░░SoCal░ ░ ͡ i ͡ ░ ░Zone░ ░9A░░░

W/L: La Joya, Ondata, Belvedere, Bebera Branca, Fico Giallo, Vernino, Asunta 5 Paco (DF)

Comment

• Terra
      Terra commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Rosy😁

Wow !! Is that the mother tree of the plant I received from you?? Those look great !
    Toronto, Canada USDA Zone 5. Wish List: Azores Dark, Malta Black, Sucrette, LSU Hollier and Violet Sepor. I'm always interested in trading cuttings if your in the Southern Ontario area. Thank You!

Comment

• Terra
      Terra commented
      Editing a comment
      Bravo_Figaro Thank you very much.
      Yes, this is the mother tree, I hope yours is doing well! The trees you gave me are doing phenominal.
      There still in Toronto, I might leave them there until fall, my Pops is enjoying them too much.
      Last edited by Terra; 08-13-2021, 09:32 AM.

• Bravo_Figaro
      Bravo_Figaro commented
      Editing a comment
      The trees you gave are doing very well to. They are growing nicely!

Nice! Do you know when yours set fruit? I'm not too far from you, but they haven't started swelling yet.
    Ontario Canada Zone 4b
    Wish List: Florea, De Tres Esplets, Campaniere, Texas Peach; early varieties in general

Comment

• Terra
      Terra commented
      Editing a comment
      I misplaced my grow log, but this tree woke up early and I think If I remember correctly it had tiny figlets sometime in May but can't be sure now that I misplaced my book.

• alawren8
      alawren8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough. Do you give them a head start?

• Terra
      Terra commented
      Editing a comment
      I need an early start.
      Im going too try starting some in march/April, weather permittin
      g and shuffle but unsually hot spring this year.
      There is a good possibility I would not be able to go as early next spring.

Cant go wrong with RDB. It is a stable that should be in every short seasons growers backyard.

I added five more RDB's to my collection for a total of seven.
    Tony, Toronto Canada USDA 4B now 5B apparently!!
    Wishlist:
    Yellow Neches, St Martain, Texas Peach.

Comment

• Terra
      Terra commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm keeping a few more myself!

Nicely ripened! I'm in 5b/6a and the RdB are just starting to swell. My two trees didn't take too kindly to being both root pruned and up potted this spring, so there will not be as many of them as there were last year.
    “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
    – Source Unknown
    MA 5b/6a

Comment

• Terra
      Terra commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Gina!

Looking good. This is such a great variety. I understand many chefs love this one.
    Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b

Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

Wow! Looks great. I have 3 RdBs started from cuttings this last June. They have gotten very tall and, of all my cuttings, they have by far the highest propensity to branch. But figlets only just started forming in the past week and I highly doubt they will fully ripen this year. So probably figs next year for me.

Again, great pictures!
      Randy
      Northeastern TN. Zone 6b/7a. WL: Rigato de Salento, Thermalito, BNR

Comment

Oh yea that looks very tasty, I have some I have been eye balling....can't wait.
        Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

I love RDB always one of my first 5 to ripen. Just when you're dying to have some yummy figs. I've been enjoying them for the past few days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210808_182044.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	1031228

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210808_182459.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	860.8 KB
ID:	1031229

Comment

• Bellefleurs
            Bellefleurs commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice and round with beautiful cracks.

• Terra
            Terra commented
            Editing a comment
            I love seeing the crackled skin, beautiful.

Nice choice of fig.
          Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree.

Comment

WOW, even from the north you guys are killing it!!! Enjoy!

Comment

• Terra
              Terra commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you I did!!

This is a must have for Northeast growers and growers in colder zones. They ripen early and often. The only downside is that they seem to ripen almost back to back and in a short time frame. Nothing wrong with that but it's good to have a few other Mt. Etnas to spread out and extend your growing season. Right now, RdB has fruited and RLBV is right behind and only a day or two away. Smith is close as well.
            Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania / Zone 6b

Comment

Great looking and tasty fig, enjoy it.
              Just harvested my first RdB a few days ago and ever since then I get 1 more every day. I really like it and hopefully next year it will produce much more. My second tree is too young and didn’t fruit this year but I’m looking forward to it for next season.
              🇨🇦Ridgeway, Ontario , on Lake Erie. zone 6b/7a 🇨🇦

Comment

My RDB ripening is like a message for LSU Tiger and LSU Champagne to follow the lead by next week. This small variety is so sweet and tasty. It’s like eating the sweetest berry you can think of. I love it.
                Livingston NJ, zone 6b.

Comment

• Terra
                  Terra commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It did have a beautiful berry sweetness, I will treasure this variety for sure in my location.

One things for sure, Ronde de Bordeaux is a gift to us growing in cold zones.
                Almaguin Highlands, Canada. Zone 4a/3b. WL: Ronde de Bordeaux, Florea, Hollier, Dauphine, Gisotta nero, Verdolino, Malta Black, Violet Sepor .Any early finishers would help, just starting out, not picky. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication~Da Vinci

Comment

Well you might want to add Red Lebanese BV too since its also a cold hardy,fairly early and very tasty Mt Aetna type fig. Mid season I believe.

Comment

• Terra
                    Terra commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for the recommendation, I am always in search of early ripening figs.
                Working...
                X