X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful day

Today was a beautiful day. The wife and I planted two rose bushes, one rose tree, a couple of azaleas, a Satsuma orange, a blue juniper bush, a weeping cherry tree, and gathered several buckets of weeds from the yard while my son played with bubbles and in the dirt. He really enjoyed helping me water in the new plants. It was sunny and in the low seventies. Spring has definitely arrived here. My peaches are in full bloom and my banana is growing again. The the figs I planted in ground in the last couple weeks haven't seen frost and are enjoying being outdoors. Won't be long until the rest of the in ground figs wake up!
    Brian
    Carolina Zone 7b/8a Wanted: Col De Dame

Yep, we were outside just about all day too. Going to be in the 70s the next couple of days here.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

That is for sure!!! It hit 73 today and the forecast is saying 79 for tomorrow. I am a fan of unseasonably warm weather. It cools back down to the mid 50's Tuesday then warms up a little Wednesday. Sadly I spent most of the day running errands, yet I did get all of the figs shuffled out, to the driveway, cupped my remaining cuttings and got some water on most of the property.... A great day indeed!
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Oh way too nice. I cleaned out the garden, raked leaves and moved out a bunch of plants. I've got aches and pains now.
        NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

You guys that live on coast or warmer climates are very lucky! I live in Chicago and this weekend was very warm. Infact I had to uncover my trees outside because I went to vent the covers and put my hand inside and was too hot and humid and would cause mold to my tree. But is crazy weather here. Today high 70's then tonight 28. Now I just play cover uncover tree game until weather stay normal.
          Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
          1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
          2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Today looks like another nice day. Think I'll get out there early and do some weeding before it gets too hot. Supposed to be back up into the 80s again today, but not as hot as the past two days. Cooling the coming week into the lower 70s - which is still unseasonably warm in the middle of March.
            SoCal, zone 10.
            www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

We went snowshoeing, it was more like slushshoeing but still what a beauty day. Too bad I have to work today, my white nectarine still needs to pruned before it blossoms and the wife has me working on a bathroom remodel.
              Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
              Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Working...
              X