X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oro Main 2021

This is the Rosato version. Excellent fig. Very similar to Panache but Oro had a more intense flavor. This is a young tree so I haven’t tried any breba. This was from Rigo who got it from Gina.

The last pic shows Oro on the left and Panache on the right.
    Attached Files
    Eric - Santa Barbara, CA Zone 10a

They both look good, but... Oro does look more intense. It looks really delicious!
    ░░░SoCal░ ░ ͡ i ͡ ░ ░Zone░ ░9A░░░

W/L: La Joya, Ondata, Belvedere, Bebera Branca, Fico Giallo, Vernino, Asunta 5 Paco (DF)

Comment

Oro seems to be very sensitive dropping figs at younger age. But I think it’s a keeper over Panache with very nice large Brebas and and nice main crop.
      Dallas TX 8A

Comment

Beautiful! I gave my parents (zone 6b in MA) a tree back in 2018. They've been getting ripe main crop figs off it every year. This year their tree is loaded up with figs. The tree does get a couple of months head start under lights in the basement.

Mine, on the other hand, is a healthy, beautiful tree that just set figs for the first time, and way too late to ripen...I guess I'll have to go visit mom and dad and help them eat the figs after I cull my tree.
        “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
        – Source Unknown
        MA 5b/6a

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! Love the colors I am sure the flavor was delightful. Thanks for sharing.
          GuyA
          Guy A
          St Augustine Fl.
          Zone 9A.

Comment

I got three Breba from a two year old tree, mid July in greenhouse, all breba from three year old tree outside were taking by critters, but I'm a few weeks away from main crop that I've got 20 or more outside.

Comment

That is one really good looking fig! Put this one on the list. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Oro Rosato. The fig is a winner. Just needs time like many others .
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X