X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail Storm

Yesterday was a blistering 106F (41C) day by 7p, then it started dropping garbanzo bean sized hail stones for about 5 minutes along with a good rain. There was some damage to the potted figs, but not too bad. The storm was a surprise. I mean how does it hail when it's 106F outside anyway!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fig3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	292.3 KB ID:	1033821 Click image for larger version  Name:	fig1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	382.8 KB ID:	1033820 Click image for larger version  Name:	fig2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	405.0 KB ID:	1033822
    Jason, USDA Zone 8a desert, Southern UT
    Wish List: Thermalito, CLBC, BNR, Socorro Black, Red Lebanese (BV), GM-172 and any caprifig

Wow.....I have a cousin who lives out there.
    I'll have to ask him if he got it too.
    Hope there wasn't too much damage.
    Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

Yikes, what a crazy weather day
      Zone 10b, Long Beach CA
      Creator of The Original Wasp In Fly Out (WIFO) Bags
      Wish list: Bebera Branca

Comment

Glad your damage wasn't very bad. Hail storms can really tear things up in the garden.
        Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b

Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

I got it too. Crazy 60 mph gusts, an inch of rain in 20 minutes (we are a desert we get 11 inches a year) and yes the hail. Lost 3" of new growth off a young Black Zadar but nothing else. Won't need to water the figs for a couple of days.
          Ed- Southern Utah 8b - Wish List: Anything that is very tasty, that is common and I don't have.

Comment

Working...
          X