X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capoll Curt Negra

I found this fig today and had to post, as this fig doesn’t get a lot of attention. It is a rather large, excellent fig, that is somewhat early and doesn’t split or blow up. Out of the many top tier figs I have tried, this one has been in my top 10 for many years. It is just an awesome fig, and the flavor is unique. This variety grows fast and produces well for me, and doesn’t spoil easily like some others. It is a beautiful fig, and I consider this a must have. What a delightful fig!
    Attached Files

This one might have to go to my wishlist!! What a fig.
    Z7b Kent Island Md.
    Wish list, Figoin, and Crozes.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...6qZktUx_4/edit

Comment

I think I need to be seen by a doctor , ever fig I see I want to add to my small collection . This forum should have a moderator for metal health to be able to pm him or her with help 😀

Jon this is a very nice fig , Hope I have another chance at rooting this fig in the fall, I lost mine after it pushed all the leaves , haaa I was close but not close enough 😀

Mario
      Tx 9a
      Last edited by Newbie2figs; 08-17-2021, 10:13 PM.
      Mario
      Texas 9A

Comment

• Fruitgrower
        Fruitgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        You are very welcome, happy to help out! This is a top notch fig for sure!

• Newbie2figs
        Newbie2figs commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya it is , my family will be very happy 😃, Thank you again.

• Newbie2figs
        Newbie2figs commented
        Editing a comment
        Evan

@solcal Ya , I know I just couldn’t get my hands on it due
        To the price 😀, but I like when you guys post your figs because it helps a lot of newbies out on all the great figs out there so I highly appreciate all you guys do for the forum!! Keep posting alot of
        People or Haa addicts still see the post and makes us wonder if we have it 😀

Looks great; what’s your location?
      CJ in Memphis 7b/8a….tight eyes, nonsplitters...Pons figs, French figs, Mario figs & tasty Cali seedlings!

Comment

• Fruitgrower
        Fruitgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, really solid all around fig with excellent flavor! I am about 1 and a half hours north of Harvey. We do have a perfect climate for figs here, so we see excellent quality figs.

Looks great
      Round Rock, TX 8b
      WL: Delicious figs

Comment

My my my, that is an x rated fig.....I need it. LOL
        Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

Jon...gorgeous looking fig. No wonder Harvey's friends gravitate to that variety (in reference to his videos). I have yet to sample mine (I have several on grafts, but none on rooted plants). Hopefully in a couple days I'll be able to try one!
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Sacramento, CA (Zone 9b)

Comment

• Fruitgrower
            Fruitgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome Bob, this one is definitely a sleeper! Interested to hear how yours are, please let us know!

High quality!

My CCN cutting from Big Bill is doing great, can't wait to try it.
          Tom V
          San DiegoCa
          Wishlist: Them esoteric figs

Comment

• Fruitgrower
            Fruitgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            You will not be disappointed!

The color of the peel is very unusual, to some extent paradoxical, it seems that the fig did not ripen from the eye to the stalk, but vice versa! A beautiful variety. Does he have a story?
          Андрей. N.-W. Кавказ, пень Абрау, 7б-8а

Comment

• Fruitgrower
            Fruitgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, this fig is unusually beautiful, and is unique with color and taste. Harvey knows the story.

This is one of my favorites as well. It has a unique color abs taste. It has a permanent home here!
          Eric - Santa Barbara, CA Zone 10a

Comment

• Newbie2figs
            Newbie2figs commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s strange that it doesn’t get the attention, I couldn’t get them when it came out with cul noir and then they fainted, cul noir is another one I lost but why doesn’t anyone post about it anymore?

• Fruitgrower
            Fruitgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            The reason it is in my top 10 is its an all around fig, beautiful, really good at everything, and super good!

• SoCalFigs
            SoCalFigs commented
            Editing a comment
            Newbie2figs Mario, to be fair, it was getting some really good press a couple years ago and I remember it being one of the most sought after varieties during Harvey's sale. Here's a post Evdurtschi made back in 2019, which ultimately led me to acquire it. Thanks, Eric

https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...a-king-of-figs

At Harvey's we usually head back to this tree after tasting zillions. It and Violette de Soles are both awesome and very productive figs. Mine are still a ways out because of the cool nights we have been having, but the tree is loaded. I can hardly wait.

Comment

• Fruitgrower
            Fruitgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, my VDS splits sometimes, CCN does not for me.

Nice picture Fruitgrower!! I do hav ea CCN also and it has some nice fat figs on it. So what is this unique taste .Ive heard more of a brown sugar caramel.

Comment

• Fruitgrower
            Fruitgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, it's like extra fruity, not true berry. Berryfruity!

Is yours inground? Given your experience i will give it time, but my gigantic tree without any fruit is only rivaled by Galicia Negra & CLBC in shyness fruiting. Perhaps growing these varieties in Pots isnt best? Im Hoping next year it explodes with fruit. Your pictures look great 😊
          wnc Z7a Hominy Valley
          wish list: a world without Invasive Pests

Comment

• SoCalFigs
            SoCalFigs commented
            Editing a comment
            For the record, I have my CCN in a pot and it was not shy to fruit this year. It's interesting to hear other peoples growth and productivity experiences with varieties and it makes me wonder if we sometimes receive "lemons" that never really show the true characteristics of that specific variety. Regardless, if you're up for an experiment, I can send you a cutting off my tree in the offseason to see if it performs better for you? I'd be interested to see the results.

• Fruitgrower
            Fruitgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. I have several grafted on in ground trees. Also, Have had several in pots that fruited fine. Could this be a water/fertilizer problem?

• jessup42
            jessup42 commented
            Editing a comment
            Im eager to fruit this & def not trying to undermine. Best fruit prob to come! Its 2nd leaf here in 15 g pot &very lanky.

I’ve often wondered about lemons. I have branches that explode w fruit & branches nextdoor w 0 fruit. Do zero fruit branches make zero fruit progeny? Seems to fit the “sport” description in reverse

Depending on conditions, some new trees will push growth for 3 years before setting a good crop. Some do not. Personally, the ones that grow well before producing figs, eventually produce superior figs, due to the fact the tree has plenty of leaves to get high fruit quality. Some trees set figs the first year, and unless decent growth, the figs will disappoint. A rule with growing fruit trees, wait at least 4 years to judge your fruit, as this is when it comes into its best quality, size, and fruitfulness.

Comment

Jon...picked my CCN yesterday. Super sweet, but very little acid. Somewhat of an unusual looking fig, but definetely a keeper!
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
          Sacramento, CA (Zone 9b)

Comment

• Figwasp
            Figwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Great pics!

• Fruitgrower
            Fruitgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            This one gets more flavor slightly more ripe. It picks up some acid and is top notch.
        Working...
        X