X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lampeira Prusch- When does it ripen for you?

Lampeira Prusch threw a curve ball this year and is ripening main crop figs now. A month earlier than last year. Earlier than any other Adriatics except Green Michurinska if you consider that Adriatic.

Anyone else growing this in the Northeast or Midwest? When does it ripen for you? How old is your tree?
    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Verdolino, Black Celeste

I have one but this is its first year. It has a few figs on it but they don't look they will ripen for a little while here in 5b/6a Indiana. I'm excited to try this variety.
    Greg. Zone 5b/6a
    Wish list: Madeira Island Black, Albo

Comment

I have several figs on mine that I got from you. I don’t think mine are close to ripening yet though. I will have to check later.

Comment

i don’t have a Lampeira but I noticed other tree sometime as they get older they will fruit earlier
        Wallingford,Ct. zone 6b

Comment

• don_sanders
          don_sanders commented
          Editing a comment
          Has it been persistent for you? Could I expect to see fruit by early September going forward? What varieties have you experienced this with?

Click image for larger version

Name:	C6C3F392-12E1-4B2A-A0F0-4A839D0E1F9E.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	452.2 KB
ID:	1038190 Click image for larger version

Name:	BB3504C1-2425-460F-ABF0-476D837EEC4C.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	460.6 KB
ID:	1038191 I’m in 6b and I see more trees fruiting in August then I seen before but I also noticed it in the past once the trees turn 4 or 5 years old they are definitely earlier and better quality.my #48 Castel Trosino, #334 Potenza, Ciccio Nero and a few others have been producing for a week or two , unfortunately I haven’t been home for wile and I’m getting limited information from my wife.
        I do have some notes that I will look at and I will be keeping more records on date of production from now on,
        Attached Files
        Wallingford,Ct. zone 6b

Comment

Working...
        X